Greetings from Italy

alereef

Thank you very much to all.

my tank is an Elos tank 160x80x65cm (64"x32"X26") 800 litres net (220 gallons)

light: powermodule 10x80W

skimmer ATB 1050

zeovit method with some slight varation.

Alessandro you are welcome but I don't think you can bring frags on airplane..and the best corals are available in USA!

but I suggest you to purchase the food for corals I am using from 3 months: Xaqua Day One.

Is IMHO fantastic, some of mine corals are doubled in size in a few months and coloured so much.

I'm running the same skimmer and I'm loving it. I'm switching to Zeo too.

It is a shame that they put all those limits on aquacultured corals :(

I don't know if we have the best corals on here, for sure the best marketing/naming system ;)

I'm curious about xaqua and I will try it for sure. It is second on my list after a visit to the Genova Aquarium

Grassi can you put some links up that can better explain the zeovit system? Very interested in expanding my knowledge. I just ordered Elos pro skimmer and the amino which I believe is a start. I also have a monster skimmer in a bubbleking 180 but I do not use filter socks yet, but will be starting them on one of my drains this week. The other drain goes into my fuge and I have no way currently to add a sock to it. If you think it is necessary though I will make it work.

Alereef you have an absolutely stunning tank btw!

Not Grassi, but I have been using Zeovit for about 4 years now. Basically it is a system to lower both nitrates and phosphates (UNLS). This is accomplished by dosing a carbon source (start3) twice a day and utilizing "Zeolites", which are rocks in a chamber. The rocks absorb ammonia (in theory....very disputed) and act as a surface for bacteria growth. The chamber is pumped twice per day to shake off the bacteria (mulum). Good skimmer is necessary.

After the excess nutrients lower (nitrate<1 and phosphate <.05) you start adding all sorts of chemicals in little blue bottles to nourish the corals and tweak the colors.

Go to: Zeovit.com LOTS of information there. You could read for days.....

Thanks Kshack I will check zeovit.com. Is this system good for a mixed reef or sps systems? I am sps dominated right now but also have quite a few lps and some high end chalices coming. Also a few higher end zoos I don't want to kill with too clean of a system. I am running gfo and carbon 24/7 right now as well with weekly 10% water changes.

Most LPS do fine. You would stop the gfo. Carbon filter is OK, but not the same as carbon source (vodka, sugar, vinegar, vit c etc.). Also, forgot to mention the bacteria source (Zeobac). If you can get your Nitrates low and the gfo is working for you than you are already there. I started because gfo would lower my phosphates, but I could not get my nitrates below 20. I decided to either try nitrate reactor or Zeovit.