Supplements and Vites

SaltISlife

so Ive been reading some of the posts around here and seems like folks could use some knowledge on tank stability and supplementing/ vitamin dosing (I know I could). what are you guys using? what line works best for you? there are soooo many brands out there and its pretty hard to know which ones actually work.(scratch)

Many people are using the Elos pro skimmer and elos amino acid complex but in much smaller amounts than recommended. We started using it as well and the corals look very happy. We are only using about 1ml of each in our 150 gallon tank every other day.

If you use too much you can get an algae bloom.

In the 150 I have set up now I dose 7 drops of the pro skimmer and 1 ml of the Amino Acids both Elos-In addition to that I dose Kents Strontium/Molybenium as directed, also I use Coral vite by Kent as well-I buy it by the gallon, locally its 20.00 for 16 ounces, online its 26.00 for 64 ounces (thats the Stront/Moly) coral vite is similar cost savings.

I also dose 6 drops of lugols weekly and lastly I justed started using the Potassion from Brightwell.

I have to dose Magnesium about 1 a month

Do I need to do all this??? maybe not, but my corals seem happy(laugh)

As far as the stability part I can attribute that using a controller that runs my Calcium reactor-For me, once its is dialed in to the proper effluent level, it keeps things rock solid stable.