2 days of He--

cklskypilot

I set up a 45 that I had pick up used sunday and after 24 hrs of running it came up with a small leak around the bottom. so I tore it down and resealed it. then yesterday my wife put some corals into my frag still in there bags and left to go down town. I was out side on the tractor spreading rock on the driveway about 20 min later I went into the house to find a water fall coming out of my frag tank. the bag had made its way to the over flow return and plug it. 20 est. gal. of water on the living room rug. 4 hr later working with the shop vac. and all night with a box fan and its still not dry. now I have brought in my propane heater to help dry the rug. might be dry in 3 days. bags are gone corals look good and 45 is leak free. things are looking up. Thank God.

Welcome to the "My tank flooded the house club Chuck!(clap)You're in good company!(laugh)

Glad everything is fine and not the first time I have heard the bought a used glass tank with a leak story either...(laugh)

I was just darn lucky when I bought my glass tank used. Not a bad idea to check for leaks prior to purchasing a tank.

Everyday you should throw some "salt"water over your shoulder for luck... don't want to join this club the (wife) might take my tanks away should I ruin the hardwoods.

The family room remodel will be hardwoods, with 400 gallons sitting about 38 inches above that in the wall-(scary)

its only water(laugh)

I think there are many clubs that have to do with un planned water n the floor.

I belong to the

"Top off tube fell out of the sump" club

"Media reactor return tube fell out of the sump" club

""feed tube to the calcium reactor leaked" club

"top off water from the RO/DI unit leaked" club

"skimmate overflow bottle 'overflowed'" club -that club stinks to be a member of-(whistle)

well those are a few clubs that come to mind.

The family room remodel will be hardwoods, with 400 gallons sitting about 38 inches above that in the wall-(scary)

its only water(laugh)

I think there are many clubs that have to do with un planned water n the floor.

I belong to the

"Top off tube fell out of the sump" club

"Media reactor return tube fell out of the sump" club

""feed tube to the calcium reactor leaked" club

"top off water from the RO/DI unit leaked" club

"skimmate overflow bottle 'overflowed'" club -that club stinks to be a member of-(whistle)

well those are a few clubs that come to mind.

I like you guys but I don't want to be in your club.(fingers)

I had a 29 gallon tank holding my rock in the living-room with about 20 gallons of water. When I moved the rock into the 40b I lifted the largest rock I have with one hand. Good thing I had a pump already moving water out of it, otherwise it would have been a lot worse than the ten gallons I lost.

The best part is it wasn't even my tank and I forgot to ask if using it was alright. (whistle)

• 5 months later...

Hey multi-club member,

My name is Jaymee Cuti and I am a producer on the radio show Destination DIY, which airs on Oregon Public Broadcasting, as well as a few public radio stations in Texas and New York, plus on the Web as a podcast.

I'm working for a segment about Do-It-Yourself disaster stories and I'm wondering if you might be willing to tell your story on the radio. As a fellow aquarist, I assure you that I've also caused a flood and even nearly an electrical fire by letting a sump run dry. I'm sorry this happened but it sounds like you have a sense of humor about it already. Please let me know if you're up for telling your story.

You can learn more about the show at www.destinationdiy.org or by contacting me at jaymee@destinationdiy.org. I'm on a tight deadline so if you think you might be interested, please send me a message ASAP.

Thanks so much.

--Jaymee