looking for opinions on a bubble magus skimmer

finch6013

I was looking at the cone series, I ended up ordering the Nac9, its new and as such there is a little wait involved (laugh)

I spent some time looking at skimmers, just ask grassi.

Have you looked at avast? They have a DIY cone skimmer

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/youbuilt/CS1-Cone-Skimmer-Kit

Its just big enough for my tank

I was looking at the cone series, I ended up ordering the Nac9, its new and as such there is a little wait involved (laugh)

I spent some time looking at skimmers, just ask grassi.

Have you looked at avast? They have a DIY cone skimmer

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/product/youbuilt/CS1-Cone-Skimmer-Kit

Its just big enough for my tank

looks interesting. How do you like the Nac9?

I am considering this for my 187 that is getting built. Anyone have experience with this brand or know of good or bad reviews? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/products/protein-skimmers/bubble-magus-protein-skimmer/bubble-magus-bm-180-cscone-protein-skimmer.html

Bubble Magnus are ok they're made and construct in China. The pumps are ok but if you want to make it work great modify it with Sicce Pumps.

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

Bubble Magnus are ok they're made and construct in China. The pumps are ok but if you want to make it work great modify it with Sicce Pumps.

Vin "Keep On Reefing"

thanks for your opinion. I have read good things about the pumps so far. I have also owned several sicce pumps and have hated every one.

I owned a NAC6 and I loved it.

But for the other models, I think they are too expensive for what they are.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a good skimmer on the paper (pump, air intake, needlewheel) but I think that you have more options on the market for just a few bucks more.

I owned a NAC6 and I loved it.

But for the other models, I think they are too expensive for what they are.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a good skimmer on the paper (pump, air intake, needlewheel) but I think that you have more options on the market for just a few bucks more.

what would be better for about the same if not a few bucks more?

Those skimz knone skimmers look interesting. I couldn't find anyone that carries them though.

Your post of the Reef octo got me to look at the 3000 internal version. If that is a good skimmer, it looks like it fits the bill price wise and on paper is rated for 300g.

Those skimz knone skimmers look interesting. I couldn't find anyone that carries them though.

Your post of the Reef octo got me to look at the 3000 internal version. If that is a good skimmer, it looks like it fits the bill price wise and on paper is rated for 300g.

The skimz is not easy to find. But it is a really nice built piece of equipment.

Rating on skimmers is somehow variable and marketing play a role on it too. Go with the 5000 int or 3000 ext for you volume and bioload

Thanks for everyone's help. I talked to Mike leonard at Reef specialty and he persuaded me to get the super reef octopus XP 3000 internal. This skimmer was a bit more than my budget but Mike was great to deal with and he gave me a discount that sealed the deal.