Replace bearing on Reeflo Dart pump?

moovinfast

I would send it back to Reeflo. Depending on the age it may be under warrantee (they have a 3 year warrantee). If not, they will replace the bearings for a nominal cost. They have excellent customer service, I would use it!

Ed, you can also get new volutes for the front. I did a lot of business with Reeflo and they would usually send me these for free. Give them a call Im sure they will ship one pretty inexpensive (since you dont have a long history with them).

Iam with waves on this u can try calling reflow and ask them how much it will be they have the best customer service, and they will tell I how much it will be before fixing it. And if u can get somebody with a good long history with them they can send u a temp pump while IRS is being fixed

I am in the process of a warranty issue with reeflo now but from what i've heard they wont sell you a bearing they will only service it for you at a cost of $100 to $150 (Don't quote me though just what I had read on a few posts) so you would have to remove it and mic it out and order one from a bearing manufacturer/company (not hard) but if you have another pump why dont you just take it apart and switch the entire assembly out? They do have great customer service though if your within your 3-year period i've been dealing with Beth and she makes it real easy. You can call and give'em your seiral number from the wetside to find out if its under warranty. Waves WAS the closest authorized dealer from what thier website said. Thanks Harold

Just today I replaced a rear bearing in my Iwaki external pump as it was starting to squeal. It took about a half hour (including drive time to buy the bearing) and cost $7.36. Bearings on the ends of armateurs are pretty easy to replace. If you have any kind of mechanical aptitude you should be able to take it apart and replace it yourself. If you lived a little closer, I'd come over and help you out.

I am in the process of a warranty issue with reeflo now but from what i've heard they wont sell you a bearing they will only service it for you at a cost of $100 to $150 (Don't quote me though just what I had read on a few posts) so you would have to remove it and mic it out and order one from a bearing manufacturer/company (not hard) but if you have another pump why dont you just take it apart and switch the entire assembly out? They do have great customer service though if your within your 3-year period i've been dealing with Beth and she makes it real easy. You can call and give'em your seiral number from the wetside to find out if its under warranty. Waves WAS the closest authorized dealer from what thier website said. Thanks Harold

They will send you the bearings at about half of the price that you can find online.

They will send you the instructions as well. It takes just a few minutes. The guy at customer service is great.

Just send an email and he will answer in a few hours if he is in town.

I have had mixed experiences with REEFLO help, I personally don't use them anymore. Had so many issues with them they were practically on speed dial. Good customer service is a good thing but why dont they fix the problem? (probably cuz they still profit if they dont) I have had countless bearings go out. I heard they had a bad batch of replacement bearings a few years ago (something with the rubber composition from....who else? CHINA!) They sent me a new one. Then they started to question my installation methods, I sent them pics of everyone for approval, all were overkill and approved.

Personally I think they have such good service because if they didn't, no one would come back. To stay in business with a sub-par product for the price, you must have good service. I have gotten the dart gold or hammerhead trade in speech...for a nominal feee...blah blah...do they not like the dart either? so switch to trade it out? just really makes me question their intentions. Someone should send them all these repair threads!

WARNING: One of the failures was catastrophic, The "bad-batch" bearing failed within a few hours, locking up and melting (thermal protection helps motor not plastic/rubber) and basically started pumping on the floor (yes 3200gph in a 200 gallon system, you must act fast before it is all on the floor!)