Brought my new puppy home yesterday. :)

fpd4308

Great looking dog/best new friend ya got there! I always had black labs growing up and labs are great dogs.We'd train ours to bird and basically had a pistol with blanks (or a training blank gun) and a bouy. we'd make her stay and throw the bouy and shoot, then say ok and she'd chase the bouy and bring it back. reward, repeat. Labs love water so we'd do it over lakes as well. The best are the flying launches that can easilly go 10-15' off the end of a dock, those are the best. At our cabin, I like to float in the water at the end of the dock and have someone throw it and watch her fly over me. Fun stuff.

Labs are awesome I own a Black and a yellow. I have not trained them for hunting as i never liked it much but that doesn't mean my labs aren't trained. I make my labs wait to eat there dinner in a sitting position. It makes me laugh when i have company over and all i have to do is make some hand signs and my dogs will sit and lay down with out me even have to say anything. It takes alot of work, make sure that the training is everyday.

Here is a pic of my yellow lab when she was a puppy.

puppies002.jpg

Labs are awesome I own a Black and a yellow. I have not trained them for hunting as i never liked it much but that doesn't mean my labs aren't trained. I make my labs wait to eat there dinner in a sitting position. It makes me laugh when i have company over and all i have to do is make some hand signs and my dogs will sit and lay down with out me even have to say anything. It takes alot of work, make sure that the training is everyday.

Here is a pic of my yellow lab when she was a puppy.

That level if obedience is awesome. My last dog was a highly trained German Shepard. I have found that well trained dogs are also happy dogs. This lab seems to be a much faster learner than my GSD though. I taught him to sit in like 15 minutes the first day he came home.