What are these..

J.R

That looks like a flower pot or goniopora. They are supposed to be for experienced hobbiests only and even then do not do well but I have been told the red coloration seems to do better and they are so beautiful.

I had a green one that I got from someone breaking down their tank and that one did die.(sad)

I got mine from Isaac at TCM aquatics

DSC07131ARW.jpg

Okay those look very similar. I've had mine for about 2 weeks and so far they look good (knock on wood). Even the sides where the frag was cut has pinked up already.

BTW, Nice looking coral Kim.

They are just known to be slow feeders and so they can eventually starve but so far my colony is doing very well. And thanks! I like it too!

+1 on Gonipora. As long as you feed your tank (oyster feed) your good. They have a reputation to starve cause they do not have Zooxanthellae.

I am pretty sure they do have zooxanthellae- you might wanna double check this.

Gonipora for sure.

The red's do very well captively, as long as you have some nutrient(s) in your system.

I am pretty sure they do have zooxanthellae- you might wanna double check this.

Gonipora for sure.

The red's do very well captively, as long as you have some nutrient(s) in your system.

You are correct Shaun. There is a great article about coral feeding in the Sep/Oct coral magaizine. "Although these coral are photosynthetic, they do seem to require additional plankton feeding. Aquariums rich in particles due to heavy feeding seem to be ideal for these corals."

I also wouldn't have thought they were an LPS until I saw the skeleton of a dead one.

Speaking of the red ones. Isaac is housing a huge one for another reefer at his shop. It is amazing!