Pipefish Babies

oldbrownies

Okay so I finally tracked down dragonface pipefish online and just received them today, and after getting them all aclimated I noticed one still rolling over on his back and laying on the bottom. I could not figure out what was wrong with him and I was getting really worried he might be dying...

But I looked a little closer and of course, he's stressed out from shipping, but he has a belly full of eggs and he is giving them water flow cause he's too tired to swim.

So I have this belly of eggs, now what do I do? I have no rotifers or anything to keep them alive if and when they hatch.

I'll see if i can't get pics after dinner here

I have both rotifer (Brachionus plicatilis) and copepod (Tigriopsis californicus) cultures going. The species of copepod will be too large for newborn pipes, and the rotifers were set up just two days ago and will still be relatively low in number for a few days still.. You are welcome to a small amount and some phyto to start a culture, but I honestly don't thing there will be enough in time.

If you really want to attempt raisng them, it would be best to order the 2 liters Saltwater Rotifers ($45.95) - Brachionus plicatilis - from Sach's Aquaculture http://www.aquaculturestore.com./swinverts.html . Paul can send them to you by Overnight Shipping for an addition fee of $35. This is a packed 2 liters of rotifers for direct feeding.