150 gallon transition tank

reefnjunkie

I think I prefer SPS, I am just not sure....

very nice brad' date=' lots of room now for those SPS to grow into big colonies![/quote']

They will have more room in the 400 gallon, this thing is surprisingly pretty full and its just what I had in the 75 plus I have only 5 out of like almost 30 chalices-(laugh)

wow! looking good! let me know how much you are wanting for your 75g when you are wanting to sale it. i got a new coral today and i had no where to put it :( it full to the gills ready for a upgrade :)

I think I am going to keep the 75 for a little while to quarantine some new fish I will be getting tuesday, I grabbed a pair of Hawaiian flame wrasses

The tank is looking really great!

ya I cant believe I will be tearing it down in about 4-5 months-DOH!

dang brad thats pretty sweet looking. Theres still some empty spots though.

Thanks Robert, its more full than you can see, plus a lot I have not got in there yet

So I spent a little time trying to get a few better pics (they could be better,but I am needing to get used to these new lights)-let me apologize in advance for the server space I am consuming-(scary)

I have almost all the corals mounted-just 23 more or so to go and I dont think the chalices are even going to be in here-(sad) I dont have the room-(flame)

Is it to obvious that I prefer colored sticks over anything else-No zoas in this tank-(laugh)

But I do have about 40+ different ones in my frag tank-(naughty)

tank3-12-11.jpg

tank3-12-11b.jpg

tank3-12-11a.jpg

tank3-12-11c.jpg

tank3-12-11d.jpg

tank3-12-11e.jpg

tank3-12-11f.jpg

tank3-12-11g.jpg

tank3-12-11h.jpg

tank3-12-11i.jpg

tank3-12-11j.jpg

tank3-12-11k.jpg

tank3-12-11l.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your secret to keeping all those SPS happy?

I'd tell ya but then I'd have to.......... ah you know the rest.

I think I do like most people keep the tank stable via a controller on the calcium reactor, clean the skimmer cup weekly and change out the filter sock weekly. Add iodine, strontium/molybenium, oyster pheast, phyto feast, coral vite, amino acids, pro skimmer, occasional cyclopeze, and just started dosing potassium(started potassium Weds).

Also run GFO through a reactor and float Purigen in the filter sock.

Tank is looking really good Brad

Thanks Jose, its looking better each day as thinngs get used to the move-all SPS are starting to show great polyp extension-cant wait until they get looking as good as they did in the 75, I am REALLY liking the 400 watt Radiums.

My pink lemonade is looking better than it ever has, much brighter.

I just scored this skimmer today used did I mention it was a major SCORE-(clap);

http://www.saltwatereddies.com/content-product_info/product_id-1570/swc_250_1a_xtreme_cone_protein_skimmer.html

Tank is looking really good Brad

Holy crap a thousand dollars DOH!:eek:. You do realize it's a skimmer and not a bong Brad?!(laugh)

A thousand is what someone who bought it new may have paid, thats why I said I "scored" I bought it used and the thing is a beast, 700 gallon light bioload, 400 gallon heavy load- WOO HOO

I bet it would suck chrome off a bumper-but wait thats another story-never mind

Oh, I dont thing bong is the proper word any longer, besides, you have me confused with another type of reefer and or junkie (laugh)

A thousand is what someone who bought it new may have paid' date=' thats why I said I "scored" I bought it used and the thing is a [b']beast[/b], 700 gallon light bioload, 400 gallon heavy load- WOO HOO

I bet it would suck chrome off a bumper-but wait thats another story-never mind

Oh, I dont thing bong is the proper word any longer, besides, you have me confused with another type of reefer and or junkie (laugh)

Congrats on the score of your super sucking skimmer!(clap) Please use it for only it's intended purpose..(laugh) and I guess I'm out of the loop with terminology in that other "hobby"(whistle)

Sure she does Brad, sure she does....And I think the proper term now is water pipe LOL

It'd have to be a helluva smoking utensil to spend a grand on LOL

Water pipe? LOL. I thought it was functional glass art..(nutty) and you can't put a price on art (laugh)

I saw this tank the other day and its awesome... I could have stood in your living room for hours. Grats on the new skimmer bud.

I love it how people's "transition tanks" put my display tank to shame, lol. Oh well, its getting there thanks to the help of you kind folks. :)

• 3 months later...

OMG-its been 11 weeks

UH make that 14 weeks.............

Well time flys- I figured I should post some pics since hopefully I will be tearing this thing down by the end of August-Time will tell

I am glad this is a transition tank because its FULL-DOH!

Can you tell I favor SPS-(whistle)

I think its easy to tell what pics are under the LED fixture I built and which ones are the 400 watt MH 14K bulb-I like the LED's-14K is looking pretty ugly-IMO

sorry pic heavy-(laugh)

6-29-11a.jpg

6-29-11b.jpg

6-29-11c.jpg

6-29-11d.jpg

6-29-11e.jpg

6-29-11f.jpg

6-29-11g.jpg

6-29-11h.jpg

6-29-11i.jpg

6-29-11j.jpg

Wow' date=' that's amazing Brad. I can't wait to see the inwall. Picture 5 and the last picture came out really clear! Great shots! And no that does not mean your other pictures suck (laugh)[/quote']

I dont like the 14K shots but in all honesty it was put the camera on the tripod point n shoot-I have not take n a pic in months and really need to get closer shots to track growth-

Thanks for the kind words, cant wait to see how yours is comin along-

C ya Friday

The tank actually looks petty good-It crazy to believe that 80% of whats in there came from my 75-I guess I was a little crowded.

If all goes well, I will be strating a new thread here for my new build-It'll be a slow process but its about time to get the train on its tracks.

Steve I appreciate the offer-the kindness of this place makes you warm and all over, where else would someone offer up their time to help (clap)

• 2 months later...
UH make that 14 weeks.............

Well time flys- I figured I should post some pics since hopefully I will be tearing this thing down by the end of August-Time will tell

I am glad this is a transition tank because its FULL-DOH!

Can you tell I favor SPS-(whistle)

I think its easy to tell what pics are under the LED fixture I built and which ones are the 400 watt MH 14K bulb-I like the LED's-14K is looking pretty ugly-IMO

sorry pic heavy-(laugh)

6-29-11a.jpg

6-29-11b.jpg

6-29-11c.jpg

6-29-11d.jpg

6-29-11e.jpg

6-29-11f.jpg

6-29-11g.jpg

6-29-11h.jpg

6-29-11i.jpg

6-29-11j.jpg

Man, you have amazing taste in coral. I like the setup a lot! Great coral-scaping, color placement, everything. Very impressive.

-Ricky Soutas Jr.

hmmm not really digging the royal blues' date=' atleast not via a camera pic, messes with my eyes too lol[/quote']

Me either, I just have the Apex set to ramp up the whites and ramp them down so the royal blues run for an hour all by themselves as they also ramp up and ramp down.

Gotta LOVE that feature of my APEX with the LED's

Man, you have amazing taste in coral. I like the setup a lot! Great coral-scaping, color placement, everything. Very impressive.

-Ricky Soutas Jr.

Thanks Ricky, a piece or 2 in there came fro you guys.

I'm gonna post new pics here, I just its been just short of 3 months and hopefully this tank will be taken down withing 60 (45) Days