My new fish

impur

About 4" right now. Still very shy but getting better. I can sit still and walk up to the tank real slow and it will stay out. How do i tell the sex?

Its working on this algae i have, its not hair algae though. I don't know exactly what it is but its easy to get rid of by just scraping or pulling it.

From Wet Web Media:

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/zebrasom.htm

"Reproduction, Sexual Differentiation:

Except for Z. scopas where males noticeably change color during spawning and are quite a bit larger than females, and males of Z. rostratum which show white setae (bristles) before their peduncular spines, Zebrasoma tangs show little sexual dichromatism or dimorphism (color or structural differences between males and females).

Spawning by Zebrasoma species occurs by pairs and schools, with two or more fishes swimming rapidly toward the surface releasing their gametes. Planktonic larvae drift about via currents for weeks to a few months, with good fortune settling about a propitious reef."

Hope this helps Miles

Joel;)

My wrasse jumped out a hole in my eggcrate cover that was the size of 2 of those squares. [language filter] [language filter] [language filter]. He was barely big enough to fit thru that, man i thought i had a better chance of winning the lottery than that fish getting thru that hole. He had to hit it absolutely perfect too cuz there are small burs left in that hole from breaking the piece between to 2 squares. GRRRRR