Ordered my first clam!! (pics)

Bigjohnwoody

Ok the bag smells fine and the clam is alive. There are so many bags it was really hard to see. The white fleshy part must be the foot and it is attached to ruble rock from live aquaria. It is drip acclimating right now and is opening right up and closing halfway. It seems like it is gaping quite a lot but I am new to this so don't know much. I will continue to drip it for about 45 mins total I figure. Unless you guys think I should go longer or shorter. I will just set the clam and ruble on that small rock that I have and place it in the tank when ready. I need to make sure to check for snail hitchhikers as well.

So those pieces of ruble rock attached are really hard to work with I feel like I am hurting it. I checked for snails and think I found 1 so I pulled it off and also I burped it but nothing cam out. Here are some pics of how its sitting as of now. If you have any ideas of how to better rearrange it let them fly.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10728&d=1297455767

Top down shot sorry no underwater lens so its blurry

attachment.php?attachmentid=10729&d=1297455788

Front view

attachment.php?attachmentid=10730&d=1297455797

Here is a better picture of the mouth. Also can i cut the ruble rock away? It seems so off balance right now and i dont want it to fall and rip. I heard you can cut them at the base of the ruble rock. Or should I just leave it alone for a day or two and then perform surgery or just leave it the way it is regardless?

attachment.php?attachmentid=10731&d=1297456379

Here is a better picture of the mouth. Also can i cut the ruble rock away? It seems so off balance right now and i dont want it to fall and rip. I heard you can cut them at the base of the ruble rock. Or should I just leave it alone for a day or two and then perform surgery or just leave it the way it is regardless?

attachment.php?attachmentid=10731&d=1297456379

Don't mess with it. You don't want to stress it out anymore. You could put it on the sand so it is more stable if you want. Your lighting is strong enough to keep it on the sand.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Don't mess with it. You don't want to stress it out anymore. You could put it on the sand so it is more stable if you want. Your lighting is strong enough to keep it on the sand.

What about my Goby? Spitting sand on it?

Emerald crabs are known to kill clams, so watch them.

Thanks for the heads up I will watch them close!