Bling'd out Urchin!

ReefSafari

So, I wanted to try one of these urchins out as I have heard great things about them helping control algae, So while I was at Ocean in a Box, I picked one up to give them a try. When I got him home I noticed he had stuck some macro algae to his back, which he had let go of in the bag, so I aclimated him to the new tank, and threw the macro algae in the refugium. Well a few days later, and this morning I awake to this... He found something much cooler to bling himself/herself out with...How about a whole frag of pink zoanthids!!! LOL(laugh)

I guess thats a good sign that they are healthy when they pick stuff up, I have yet to see him actually go after the algae, but we will see, they are pretty slow, so I will have to give it some time. Anyway, They are pretty cool...(rock2)

P1000749.jpg

Yeah that seems to be one of their big draw-backs, the are re-arrangers!

Cool picture though.

I can see how some might not like it, but I don't mind...and least yet...lol I think its funny...

I have a couple urchins and read up a little on them. One article suggested that they grab stuff to block U.V. rays when in shallower tidal areas. I put one in the FOWLR' date=' big mistake, and the other in the Seahorse tank. That one looks like a moving kalurpa forrest.[/quote']

Interesting, I wonder if its too bright for it in my tank....Maybe I should look into trying to get more stuff for it to put on its back....like empty shells and stuff...Thanks for the reply.