My 40 Breeder Nem tank build

defigart

So I got a 40 Breeder from Gradth, came with a stand, and a sump. Great deal I say, for the price. Im going to be setting it up as a "nem" tank. Here are the first few pictures.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10698&d=1296952511

Who would have thought I would find a way to combine both my hobbies. My 1995 Z28 Convertible loaded down with a 40B. Couldnt get it in with the top on. Couldnt close the top with tank in. Thankfully it wasn't raining, though it started on my way home.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10699&d=1296952515

Here it is unloaded from my car, and put approximately where it will go. Needs a few very minor plumbing parts and its ready to go. I have a pump coming Tuesday, and should be running by Tuesday night. Not sure what light I am going to use with it yet.

post-793-141867785746_thumb.jpg

post-793-141867785749_thumb.jpg

Plus a 600GPH return pump an 600GPH through the sump.

Well the pump is 500GPH but I estimated the flow on a curve for the headloss due to height. I did the math, and its closer to 425. I have another powerhead Ill put in there too.

Its so quiet. Love the drain system that gradth had in it.

a herbie drain is composed of two pipes. one pipe is below the water level and is at a constant siphon, controlled by a ball valve with flow tuned to match that of the return pump, while the other pipe is above the water surface, and acts as a backup in case that the first pipe gets clogged.

does this make any sense?