Rainbow eye WM chalice onlly 1280 on EBAY!!!!!

Emerald525

Checkout this chalice! (drooler)(drooler)It went for 1280 on ebay yesterday!(scary)

Rainboweyechalice.jpg

I know I know that's a lot of money (nutty)but it looks like the My Miami but with rainbow eyes and considering the My Miami can go for 500 dollars an eye (people really do spend that kind of moneyDOH!), whoever bought this is going to make a fortune! I wonder what they are going to name it!(scratch)

Its going to be a nice addition to my tank. Glad you didn't bid any higher against me...lol

Ok just kidding. That thing is sweet

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

LOL, it was you then Noob!(wife)(laugh) They were talking about this on reef2reef and one guy did miss the winning bid by like 5 dollars I thinkDOH!. I love the big rainbow eye in the center! I would start cut it in half (or Beth would) and frag up the other eyes and sell them at like 500 bucks an eye! Can you say group buy? LOL!

Great photo of it considering that the only eye that is actually rainbow is the one in the middle. Would really suck to shell out all that cash and not have the other eyes turn out with similar coloration as they expand.

So is WM = watermelon and refers to the green coloration at the edges?

Some of the other eyes are rainbow too and I heard that as it matures the other eyes start forming the rainbow and yes wm is watermelon and refers to the green edges.

I know the folks on the east coast are going nuts for this particular chalice. I have never bought from him. Does he allow local pickup?

I have met him at least half a dozen times for a meet and pass-you know the coral drug deal in the parking lot, his name is rudy and is a great guy-My magician morphs came from him-well Lowman bought them from him and I got mine from Lowman

Never heard of that shop. Where are they located?

He is on the west side and does not have a retail store front

He supposed to be one of the wholesaler, which is not right for him to sell to public like this that's why I don't buy form him anymore, and I'm sure other store owner too, I'm not here to talk **** about the guy but he suppose to protect us, not to sell us corals and turn around and sell it to our customers which is mess up, us store owner have tried hard and go out of our ways to make customers happy so that they would come back to us even sale stuff at cost sometime to help out the local reefer, this is same thing as buying stuff on line and come to us when they need help.

Westside aquarium

2020 nw aloclek dr ste 108

Hillsboro or 97124

Tel 503 372 6717

Business hours

Mon-Sat 11-7

Sunday 11-6

www.westside-aquarium.net

I have met him at least half a dozen times for a meet and pass-you know the coral drug deal in the parking lot, his name is rudy and is a great guy-My magician morphs came from him-well Lowman bought them from him and I got mine from Lowman

Ahhh that's where I heard his name from. Thanks for the clarification Brad

He supposed to be one of the wholesaler, which is not right for him to sell to public like this that's why I don't buy form him anymore, and I'm sure other store owner too, I'm not here to talk **** about the guy but he suppose to protect us, not to sell us corals and turn around and sell it to our customers which is mess up, us store owner have tried hard and go out of our ways to make customers happy so that they would come back to us even sale stuff at cost sometime to help out the local reefer, this is same thing as buying stuff on line and come to us when they need help.

Westside aquarium

2020 nw aloclek dr ste 108

Hillsboro or 97124

Tel 503 372 6717

Business hours

Mon-Sat 11-7

Sunday 11-6

www.westside-aquarium.net

Tiim, thanks for shedding some light on the subject. I didn't realize he was a wholesaler.

I agree about wholesalers selling to the public. I run a LHS (local hobby shop) and i get extremely pissed when people come in and bluntly say "ill order from..." and its one of my distributors website. Errrrr!

ok now question about the topic... why are these things so expensive? I don't see why they are worth that kind of money :s

I agree about wholesalers selling to the public. I run a LHS (local hobby shop) and i get extremely pissed when people come in and bluntly say "ill order from..." and its one of my distributors website. Errrrr!

ok now question about the topic... why are these things so expensive? I don't see why they are worth that kind of money :s

It's quite simple really. It's like any other hobby. It has to do with rarity, desirability and what people are willing to pay for an item. You don't see many chalices that have rainbow colored eyes and this is a beautiful piece. Also this is an expensive hobby and difficult to make a business out of it with the cost of saltwater, electricity, and equipment.

yea you shouldnt double dip but im guessing if business was great he wouldnt be and agree with Beth its rarity along with what folks are into and just like anything if you dont like the price dont buy it and if other folks agree it will come down but from a business point its stupid to undercut to much as it is expensive to culture these corals unless your a chop shop. And to grow out a true cultured frag isnt cheap eithier even for a non rare piece.So we can debate this all day but I hope it survives and I can get a piece if I knew it was selling beleave me I would have bid on it.

I buy stuff on Ebay from him all the time, as well as OIAB. If other local suppliers sold on Ebay, I would buy from them also. He does allow local pick up. I realize this is a grey area for many local stores, but who are we to tell a guy who to sell to. As long as he is selling it legally, I will continue to bid on his auctions. You don't get the same guarantee from him as you would local stores. But you do get an opportunity to buy some pretty cool corals that you may not see in the stores.