10 gallon tank

dee77

10 gallon tank  

1. 1.

• Mantis shrimp
    • Dwarf sea horses
    • Lobster tank
    • Other...

i think... not that i know much about them, but i saw a mantis living quit happily in a 15 in the Queensland aquarium in australia, i think that these are animal that are used to living in caves etc, so my guess is yes.

although of you wake up and the aquarium is broken (they have fusion power in their strike) then you would know lol. so don't tap the glass!!

yes i did i think beth and kim got that one.. but would i be able to keep a mantis in a 10 gallon tank with a high sand bed

Yes we did get that one. It is very cool. I have heard they have the potential to break a 10 gallon glass tank. They do pack quite a punch. The one we got from Isaac punched a hole in the plastic bin he was holding it in. We are keeping ours in the sump in a sand bed and are having no problems. They are really really cool.

only issue with a 10 gallon tank is the build up of nitrates, phosphates because of the way these critters eat. They are very messy eaters. You will have to keep on top of water changes. Other then that i think its a cool idea, see if you can find a mantis that is a spearer and not a smasher, then you wont have to worry about glass breaking.

Will the lobster only come out when there is food and could I have more then one?

I've only got the one lobster. Not sure if you can have multiples or not. It was hanging out with my Puffer in the 10 gallon for quite sometime. Now they are separated but only because I don't want the puffer to eat my frags. the lobster does hide quite a bit but I also don't have much in the way of shelter for it in the frag tank so it doesn't help it at all.