Whats up with my skimmer?

impur

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not using the silencer. I found that it limited the amount of air into the skimmer.

The problem with my skimmer is the venturi. It clogs after a few days. This weekend i'm boring it out and running flexible airline tubing down it as close to the impeller as i can get it.

I'm not using the silencer. I found that it limited the amount of air into the skimmer.

The problem with my skimmer is the venturi. It clogs after a few days. This weekend i'm boring it out and running flexible airline tubing down it as close to the impeller as i can get it.

Is the venturi the what the tubing goes on top of? the tubing that connects to the silencer? If that makes any sense...

The venturi is the grey fitting that goes onto the pump. That small rigid piece that stick out of it, that the flexible airline tubing connects to, that is where the buildup is happening. The silencer goes on the other end of the airline tubing, its black, has 2 openings.