Is this possible?

vanz

I am not fully on board of believing this... First the life span is way to long for it and octopuses eat a lot. As in a fish or two every couple of days, divided that by 5 years and that is a ton of fish. Also he had to have been really happy, because from my understanding octo's love to move around alot and that included out of the tank. Also the only pic he has is one on the sand with nothing else in the photo...that is rare in our tanks and the sand looks a little to real...I am not an octo expert and I like to give the benefit of the doubt to people, but this is stretching the limit for me.

Sorry...I just realized it is not his picture and he just went on the net and found a pic. With out more authentic pics I find this really hard to believe.

Joel may be able to shed some light on this since he has a relative on one :)

Seconding what reefgeek said, i smell bs. If he took that clear of a picture, on her spotless sand, don't you think he would have took at least one picture once they caught it, or a picture of catching it, something. Its a hoax to me, almost to get free donations cause of the "losses" she encountered because of the "ink".

I am a pessimist by nature so i could be wrong but it just doesn't add up...

Seconding what reefgeek said, i smell bs. If he took that clear of a picture, on her spotless sand, don't you think he would have took at least one picture once they caught it, or a picture of catching it, something. Its a hoax to me, almost to get free donations cause of the "losses" she encountered because of the "ink".

I am a pessimist by nature so i could be wrong but it just doesn't add up...

well, I was wrong on the pic, apparently the person has no photos of it the pic was found on the inernet.

Another thing that strikes me as odd is that no one from the aquarium who supposedily came and got it, did not bring a camera...that I also think is BS, I am sure they would have brought a camera to document all of this...again I could be wrong.

somthin a little calimari about it if you ask me lol wont be getting any freebies from me lol but i had one for a long time it needed to be fed every day or it go hunting so the fact it only put it arms out makes me say bs he/she would have seen it once it was notice and if aquarium guy cam hed had a little crab in a jar and it would of came out to get it they cant resist little crabs i use to put them in all kinds of things just to watch them sqeeze into to get them lol so another reason i say bs if professional aquarium guy was there hed caught it easy but honestly its not worth starting a flame fest lol.

somthin a little calimari about it if you ask me lol wont be getting any freebies from me lol but i had one for a long time it needed to be fed every day or it go hunting so the fact it only put it arms out makes me say bs he/she would have seen it once it was notice and if aquarium guy cam hed had a little crab in a jar and it would of came out to get it they cant resist little crabs i use to put them in all kinds of things just to watch them sqeeze into to get them lol so another reason i say bs if professional aquarium guy was there hed caught it easy but honestly its not worth starting a flame fest lol.

You had a blue ring? That is bad [language filter]!!!!!!!!!!!!! How long did you have it for?

Well' date=' I emailed the only two aquariums in CT. One wrote and said they did not have a blue ring in their collection and never have. I am waiting to hear back from the other.[/quote']

haha, nice going(clap) , lets find out the truth!

haha' date=' nice going(clap) , lets find out the truth![/quote']

One I hate liars!!!!!!!!! especially a possibly blatant lie like this could turn out to be. I really think this hobby is still small enough that for the most part it is honest and uncorrupted I want it to stay that way, but this is the starting place for it to get out of control. I am not saying it does not exist and that I can change the trend if it got started, but I will do my part. Once a few people screw it up for others, that is when it will get bad.

the more i read his posts fisher it is and i see others buy there responses seeing it to especialy after it's killed his exotic frags or he's lost them lol anyways he says he dosnt epect replacements but would take if offered and he lists which ones lol but i hope im wronge and he was just not bright enough to get pic's but if this is found to be a fraud what a pathetic way to get frags.

Alright update... I googled "Connecticut aquariums" and only came up with two...the Maritime Aquarium and the Mystic Aquarium. I have talked with people at each one and they do not have or never had a blue ring octopus. So I think that this "myth" is busted! Unless I was not able to find another aquarium that is local to him. I am calling BS on this person!!!!!!! It's sad and frustrating that people like this are leaking into the hobby.