40 Breeder Build with display fuge.

OwenReefin

So I've finally started just putting everything together after months of collecting. I am yet to add the canopy over the light fixture I got for 50$. I still have a while to go until it is where I want it, but I need suggestions so here goes.

DSC05204.jpg

DSC05205.jpg

My son is checking out the action.

DSC05206.jpg

Cords aren't organized, but man this hobby is intense. Any suggestions?

DSC05207.jpg

DSC05208.jpg

My lil turtle. I made the tank myself. He is awesome.

DSC05209.jpg

So thats what I've go so far. It is cycling with some live rock I got from a member here, and I still need some more sand for the fuge. I am hoping I get some comments on what to do to improve this set up, I love constructive criticism.

I think it looks AWESOME!!! Its so cool to see other peoples 40b's, I really like the display refugium! Curious what is going to go under the display refugium? Another refugium for the refugium?....lol, Really cool looking setup, I like it!

That pump looks HUGE!!:eek:...How much water is that baby pumping? What kind of lighting are you using?

I think it looks AWESOME!!! Its so cool to see other peoples 40b's, I really like the display refugium! Curious what is going to go under the display refugium? Another refugium for the refugium?....lol, Really cool looking setup, I like it!

That pump looks HUGE!!:eek:...How much water is that baby pumping? What kind of lighting are you using?

Thanks, the display fuge's stand is unfinished, so I just stuck the quarantine tank under there till I finish the stand. I think I might put a door there and put the QT there in the end lol.

Ya the Closed loop has a snapper reeflo on it, 3000 gallon, it has some nasty output, but I have it branched 4 ways and several mechanisms to knock it down a lot.

Ya the Closed loop has a snapper reeflo on it, 3000 gallon, it has some nasty output, but I have it branched 4 ways and several mechanisms to knock it down a lot.

:eek:Wholey CRAP!:eek: That makes my Mag 7 look itsy bitsy teeny weeney compaired to that, who would have thought you could put a pump that big on a 40b....(rock2) Very Cool!

• 2 weeks later...

I did not ralize how many peeps got a 40b-I like the design.

Are those plumb together, you may have posted that if ya did my apologies, I am a picture person, I scroll through the threads browsing pics and then a little along the way.

I was only asking in the event of a power outage and draining-something I never considered when designing my first build (laugh)

I did not ralize how many peeps got a 40b-I like the design.

Are those plumb together, you may have posted that if ya did my apologies, I am a picture person, I scroll through the threads browsing pics and then a little along the way.

I was only asking in the event of a power outage and draining-something I never considered when designing my first build (laugh)

Ya they are plumbed together, DT that T's off to both fuge and sump. The fuge is drilled high so it won't overflow nor will it really have a lot of gravity fed water when power cuts off. Sump is marked for max level of water, (you can see my crayon marking in the pic :) ) It's power outage proof. Thanks for the props.

nick at rose city has some very colorful microalgae for sale. greens' date=' red and purples.[/quote']

Nice I've seen a lot of nice algae's on the internet, I can't wait to get some red and purple, and maybe some brilliant greens.

• 2 weeks later...