New guy here...from the 'Hood

Smellsfishy

I guess my 1st post here should an intro.... :D

I recently relocated to Hood River from Southern California. I've been in the hobby for a number of years, frequenting ReefCentral since '02. Thanks to Markdadof2 and Michael7979 for pointing me this direction. I'm stoked to find a local source of info and interaction!

I was out of the hobby for a few years, then recently got talked back into it by my son. So now I have a little 10gal nano up and running. That was pretty easy to move from SoCal... But now im getting back "all-in" with a 72gal bowfront. It's a re-furb, meaning i got it off Cragslist and now refinishing the stand and canopy ,cleaning up all

the old stuff and collecting the pieces-parts needed to eventually have a beautiful mixed reef display.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to attending events, getting involved.

Anybody out there from the Gorge area??

Dean

Welcome!

Welcome! Great to have another reef enthusiest in the gorge!! We are just over the river and through the woods, or is it a hop, skip and a jump, I can't remember(laugh)....We live in Lyle, just east of you on the washington side. Looking forward to meeting you, best of luck with your new tank!

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome' date=' where were you from in SoCal, I'm from HB originally, miss IN-N-OUT yet? You will. I love Oregon though, it grows on you.[/quote']

I'm originally from Van Nuys, but was out in Redlands for the past 18 years. We SO wish in-n-out would bring a few restaurants up here.... It's one of our 1st stops when we go down there.

HB is a nice place. I used to fish out of Daveys Locker Sportfishing, and go to Balboa pier often.

We love the green here, and the change of pace....

25 years ago I lived in Colton, but kids needed a better place to grow up. Loma Linda hospital is the best. I don't think In & Out will ever come to Oregon due to the fact they never freeze their meat. But if they went to Las Vegas who knows. Pollo Loco is in Beaverton now, so who knows. The weather in California is what I miss the most.