sail fin tang around 3 inches

powder blue tang around 4-5 inches

2 baby b&w clowns

3 blue chromis

midas blenny

dusky blenny

and a diamond goby

do you think im over my limit?

I would say you can add more but you might not be able to keep all those guys long term. In particular I am thinking about the naso and sail fin. The blue could get 12" too. I think you have years before you have to worry about it though.

I would say you can add more but you might not be able to keep all those guys long term. In particular I am thinking about the naso and sail fin. The blue could get 12" too. I think you have years before you have to worry about it though.

I have had a clown tang go from 2+" to 9", a naso go from 2" to 7+", and sailfin go from 3" to 8" in about 2.5 years!

They can grow very quickly! So be prepared!

well i plan trading in my large naso and get a pair that are around 5 inches

That just makes the bio-load larger. You will be adding 3" of total fish length to the tank. (which I know isn't a good method to use) But you are increasing it. I hope you have a great skimmer!! And you will have 2 fish that will be HUGE instead of 1.

i have a 200DD and i have

a blonde naso around 6-7 inches

hippo tang around 4-5 inches

sail fin tang around 3 inches

powder blue tang around 4-5 inches

2 baby b&w clowns

3 blue chromis

midas blenny

dusky blenny

and a diamond goby

do you think im over my limit?

I have a 200DD also... love the tank - my stock list used to look almost EXACTLY like yours but lost the powder blue to ick. Loved the midas.. before he jumped... hope you have a good cover on there!

I still have yet to do the DIY covers with the screen frames and the netting from BRS... but definately is on the list before I add any more 'jumpers'

With tangs growing like they do, id say no more... they eat a whole lot... though I have heard of people with a heard of tangs in their tank and they never fight because they dont have an alfa male.. but even with a good filter and skimmer youd have todo alot of water changes to keep the nitrates down... I always saw it as even with a great filter the water is still the same... its just the crap is in the filter and u dont see it in your tank anymore...

but you might do ok if you have a tank that changes its own water.....

Not really, i think the more the better! I have a about 30 fishes in my tank all different types. Examples: Conspicillatus Angel fish, Banded Angel, Cross Hatch trigger, Sohal tang, Achilles tang, Goldflake Angel, Scribble Angel, Clarion Angel, Black Tang, Griffis Angel, Personifer Angel, Annularis Angel, Emperator, Majestic, Passer Angel, French Angel, Queen Angel, Asfur Angel, Blue Line Angel, Chrysurus Angel, Blue Face angel, Koran angel, ect...... they get along just fine! Eating like pigs! My "fish only" display tank 300 Gallon Envision 1" thick. Not done yet one more fish in the near future to top it all GEM TANG! P.S must have a very powerful skimmer and Denitrator with this much fish. Example: Reeflo Orca 250 skimmer etc...

Vin "Keep On Reefing"