Clown tangs, how hard are they to keep?

reefgeek84

They are terribly poor shippers in my experience but if you do happen to get one in good shape they do pretty well. From my understanding they come from fairly high up in the reef and like lots of good turbulant water flow and high oxygen levels. I think this is why they don't do very well in transit.

Mine is very very very active. He just can't stop swimming and picking at the rocks. He does stay near the turbulent flow and I have seen him several times trying to swim up the sump return output which is running about 2500 gph. I would make sure you have a big tank with plenty of rock for him to pick at. So far he has been pretty passive with the rest of my fish. He isn't scared of them and will stand his ground when he is challenged.

They can really bring a lot of life (movement) to a tank.

ive got one now that Ive had for about 3 weeks, seems to be doing well. Usually the bigger the fish the better your chances of success with these.

I just put a CBB in with my Sohol (which has the same attitude/ same family) I shall see if its still alive today. I put it in after everything was dark last night.