New 90g build

nyoder23

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes well the GF wanted blue and i want black so we decided to put one of the back grounds on it when we decide on which one.(laugh)

I have not decided on which powerheads to use which would you suggest? I forgot the name of the light i bought but i will let you know too.

My honest opinion on powerheads is you have to pay to get quality, and IMO the best the powerheads out there are the Vortechs. I've got an MP10 and I absolutely love it, I will definitely be purchasing more Vortechs in the future, and want to get a second MP10 at some point for our 40 lol.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have spent top dollar for everything so far so I will keep on top of buying top quality products. I come from owning and installing ponds. Since I have decided to stop doing that I need something else to take up some time. I have decided to make this a reef tank and also thinking about breeding some clowns as well. But I am new to this saltwater. I grew up with the pond stuff I was running it when I was 16 knew all the answers. So I pland on learning about the reefing as well. Any thing you know that helps is appreciated

Then if you plan on going top of the line, the Vortech MP40ES is the way to go, I'd suggest 2 of them.

If you want to know about breeding clowns, talk to Barelycuda, he's one of the coolest people ever, and is a clown breeding expert, he's got something like 40 fry tanks, almost a dozen breeding pairs, and supplies probably 75%+ of the clowns you see in the local stores in the Portland area.

That is the plan to get stuff in next. Wow i was just talking to woody and he never told me about cycling it that way. Please explain more. Yes i am hoping the 200 is next or when we move she wants one in the wall i have it planned out too. a big enough wall where i canwalk into a room which is behind the aquarium.

• 1 month later...

Update to the build

So these pics were taken a couple of weeks ago and since i have added more rock thanks to tolsowyota89. The rock in these pics is from Nick at Rose City. He had just what i was looking for. I will I will take more pics tomorrow. The tank looks a lot better and is working great with the new lights. The light has 2x250hallides, 4x65cp, and 12 moonlights. this is just to show how i got to where i am now. Just been doing this piece by piece.

P1040129.jpg

P1040232.jpg

P1040229.jpg

P1040209.jpg

My new lights!!!

Yes that is true but just now recently she decided that she wants the black background. Ya that darn woman of mine. But I guess i am lucky she lets me spend the money and have all this to play with. I will have some updated pics tonight. A lot more rock some coral too.

I bought everything you see except the live stock and rock from The Aquarium in oregon city. I also have some new pics as it sits tonight with all the rock in there.

I have been very happy with everything except now i want to redo the aquascape. Maybe get rid of some of the big stuff and get some smaller rock and bring it in a little. Anyone have any ideas.

P1040334.jpg

P1040382.jpg

here is my mated pair of clowns. I am getting another tank set up to se if i can breed them and see what i get.

P1040336.jpg

P1040346.jpg

These two thanks to tolsowyota89

P1040341.jpg

P1040339.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New aquascape,fish,&coral

So I had to catch a fish to trade so i had to move all the rock out. I really think this looks better than the first one for sure let me know what you guys think. I got rid of the naked clownfish and moved my Ocellaris Clownfish from my nano to the big one and Kaylee she got to pick the copperband butterfly fish. We also picked up some mushrooms to. Here are some updated picks after everything today.

the new aquascpae

P1040451.jpg

P1040402.jpg

the copperband

P1040468.jpg

P1040475.jpg

P1040473.jpg

P1040476.jpg

P1040431.jpg

The tank looks realy nice man, good work on the rock wall. I do have to warn ya on the kenya tree/colt corals, they grow really fast and can get fairly aggressive. definately keep an eye on them. Sweet shrooms and favia! I really like your copperband too! Keep up the good work.

So I had to catch a fish to trade so i had to move all the rock out. I really think this looks better than the first one for sure let me know what you guys think. I got rid of the naked clownfish and moved my Ocellaris Clownfish from my nano to the big one and Kaylee she got to pick the copperband butterfly fish. We also picked up some mushrooms to. Here are some updated picks after everything today.

the new aquascpae

P1040451.jpg

P1040402.jpg

the copperband

P1040468.jpg

P1040475.jpg

P1040473.jpg

P1040476.jpg

P1040431.jpg

The tank look very nice and The Aquarium and very nice place to get good deals at. I would have to say my buddy Jeff is the owner and he is a great guy

Yes Jeff hooked me up at the Aquarium with every thing to setup the tank.

I had a very hard time setting the rock the way i wanted it I like both ways with a wall and rock islands. But When i got the rock i got a lot of big ones just because they looked so nice when i was buying them and then realized they didn't fit as easily as i wanted. But after all is done now i am happy.