You know what sucks?

Fast5oranger

I recently encountered a gentleman that told me of this forum... so i thought i'd check it out. I've been checking it out for the lat two days or so and have come to realize that this page is full of nothing but drama that is unrelated to the "marine aquarium" topic. I was really hoping for a place that a new-comer to the hobby like myself could come to gain knowledge and friendship of others that share my same interests. WEAK!! Good luck selling your clam Andy! Ha

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. I know for a fact that this isn't typical (maybe once a month) but I guess I got called out today as well. I recomend this site all the time so I hope you can reconsider and just lurk for awhile and see that there is some good stuff going on here as well. Most of the people on the boards are very helpful. Sure there is the overall drama just like many other boards.

do not be fooled!

this forum offers great advice. the drama is just for frosting and time wasting. you can ignore that stuff and it will be a wondrous resource!

it has helped me a lot, so do not overlook the good stuff. i have been a member for three months and this is the first drama i have every heard of. and its a little amusing to laugh at the small things that people make a big deal about.

lol.

give it another week. i have found every one here to be friendly and willing to share their expertise.

This place is amazing. The information you receive from all the people here is priceless. Sure they like to have fun to. That's what makes this forum so wonderful. I have never met so many helpful people who very quickly become like family. I hope you stick around and see how much everyone loves this hobby and they always lend a hand to any reefer in need.

I recently encountered a gentleman that told me of this forum... so i thought i'd check it out. I've been checking it out for the lat two days or so and have come to realize that this page is full of nothing but drama that is unrelated to the "marine aquarium" topic. I was really hoping for a place that a new-comer to the hobby like myself could come to gain knowledge and friendship of others that share my same interests. WEAK!! Good luck selling your clam Andy! Ha

yeah there's a bit of craziness right now... but there is plenty of good info and good people to be had here don't shy away yet... I'm fairly new myself and I've met some great people.

That is his one post? People who spend substantial amounts of time together, like families, fight, disagree, have differences of opinion, joke with each other and make up. If your skin is so thin that you can't see past that and garner information from this incredible resource I guess that is the way it is. Must not have brothers or sisters....lol

I've seen this person lurking for the last few days...

Hey, no skin off my nose, we like to have fun, oh well....Do all of our convos have to be marine related? Apparently so in the eyes of some, but being as how the drama topics seem to be in the out of bounds section, thats where you go if you wanna talk about anything....seems appropriate to me

Don't be trolled. This is *obviously* a current member whinging and trying to stir up more drama. Mods' date=' check the IP addy in the logs?[/quote']

I would have to agree with you Andy the post is pretty suspicious. I don't know of many new potential members who would make their judgement of a forum based on 2 days and in the midst of all the drama make their first post about how this forum sucks. This is a great forum and every now and then it gets a bit silly and off topic but really is as reef165 said very much like a family.

I make no apologies and really don't want this place to be like reef central which is way too serious for my taste. Again nothing against reef central as that is what some people prefer it's just not for me.

Fair enough Shane just seems suspicious and would not be the first time there was an alias on this forum is all I'm saying and with cell phones it's easy to have a different IP address.

My point is every forum seems to have it's own personality and identity and there is no way it's going to fit and match what everyone wants.

The weather sucks and people are stressed with whatever goes on in their personal lives and joking about Andy's clam or putting up a poll is just a way to lighten the mood. There is good information and there are good people here.

It's up to people to decide if it's the right fit for them.

You have to read past alot of the "text" the greater majority of folks know each other and like many have mentioned its like a dysfunctional family.

If you have a question you should post it up and see how fast and how many people come to your "rescue" or offer advise"

I myself enjoy a little bit of jovial reefing-

Sorry I missed your "Hey I am new here thread"

Welcome!!-ye who lurks in the shadows-;)

Do you have any reefing questions???

Rose City rocks by the way!!

I really encourage you to stay with us a little bit more.

There is a huge amount of knowledge on here, if is what you are looking for.

We have a lot of members with 20+ years of experience and, differently from a national forum, they can swing by your place and helping you setting up a tank and so on.

You can ignore the out of bounds. We also have a great feature called 'ignore button'.

If it is true that our club it is mainly related to the marine aquariums, it is also true that we are a 'society', with all the pros and cons that that means.

Btw... it's Andy's clam still available?

• Like 1