Frustrated!!!

Bigjohnwoody

So my brand new mp40es vortech I just set up 5 days ago is broken! Actually the wet side is! It is not dirty at all ( it's only 5 days old) I took it apart anyway but it does not help! It just spins up runs for 30 seconds and then spins the whole wetside until it either shuts off or spins it off to the bottom of the tank! I guess I will call Ecotech tomorrow and hopefully get this resolved!

So my brand new mp40es vortech I just set up 5 days ago is broken! Actually the wet side is! It is not dirty at all ( it's only 5 days old) I took it apart anyway but it does not help! It just spins up runs for 30 seconds and then spins the whole wetside until it either shuts off or spins it off to the bottom of the tank! I guess I will call Ecotech tomorrow and hopefully get this resolved!

call ecotech they will take care of you.

I had the same issue. I think they had a bad batch go out. it seems the tolerance in the ceramic bearing it to tight.

I ground it out just a little and it worked until I got the replacement.

warning though they told me not to do this but I did it anyways. I mean they were sending me a replacement so I didn't think it mattered

Yes I do have the wetside base on. The whole unit runs like always and then you can hear it starting to spin down and then you can actually watch the whole wet side spin base and all and then either it will spin off or the motor will shut down! I did it like three times then cleaned it even though it's new and then it did it again! Put on my other wet side from my other vortech and it works perfectly! So I am not without circulation atleast! Even though I only have live rock in the tank right now it would not be the end of the world if I did not have two vortechs!

Ok so I called Ecotech first thing this morning and I have two options buy one now and get it in a few days and then return mine in a prepaid box and they will credit me back the money once they get my wetside or send them my wetside they will fix it and send it back. I wanted it asap so I choose to purchase one and go with the first option! I hope this is my first and only problem with these pumps! They are far to expensive to have problems 5 days after running!

Ok so I called Ecotech first thing this morning and I have two options buy one now and get it in a few days and then return mine in a prepaid box and they will credit me back the money once they get my wetside or send them my wetside they will fix it and send it back. I wanted it asap so I choose to purchase one and go with the first option! I hope this is my first and only problem with these pumps! They are far to expensive to have problems 5 days after running!

(scary) I just bit the bullet and bought one and its arriving today, I sure hope I don't have any problems with mine, I agree they are the most expensive water moving devices on the market, there should be no issues at all.

(scary) I just bit the bullet and bought one and its arriving today' date=' I sure hope I don't have any problems with mine, I agree they are the most expensive water moving devices on the market, there should be no issues at all.[/quote']

They have excellent customer service and often will replace broken parts at no charge including the shipping. I agree for the price they should work but as with all equipment stuff happens.

(scary) I just bit the bullet and bought one and its arriving today' date=' I sure hope I don't have any problems with mine, I agree they are the most expensive water moving devices on the market, there should be no issues at all.[/quote']

Well I can say that when it did work for the first few days it was absolutely jaw dropping how cool it was! All my friends were like "holy &@#* that thing is awesome) lol! I only have rock in my tank so far so it does not take much to be impressed either though! Haha

Ecotech really needs to have a advanced replacement policy where they just put a hold on your card instead of charging it and give free USPS Priority shipping or give you the option to pay the difference for Overnight service. Priority could go anywhere in the US for $9 and it would meet the needs of 3/4 of the peeps needing a replacement I bet. My limited interaction with Ecotech customer service (fingers crossed) has always been great though so I can't complain too much.

Little update for everyone! I got my shipment from Ecotech yesterday so it took me 6 business days from the day I called to get my wetside! I was a little frustrated that it took that long but he did tell me that it was going to take a little longer since he gave me a new cage for the wetside as well! On the other side Ecotech did not send me one wetside.....they sent me 2!!!! How friggin cool is that? Well worth the wait to have two brand new wetsides laying on my porch when I got home from work. So I installed one of them immediately and both my Vortech's are sinked and working beatifully! They also sent me instructions on how to send the old wetside back and gave me two separate methods to ship it back, depending on what is more convenient for me! A+ on customer service! Only thing is, I wish they could get you the part a little quicker but by sending me two parts, I will gladly accept the delay!