Instant Ocean salt ??

ReefStar

ALL I have ever used is IO salt...Personally my corals would use all the reef crystals "extras" probably in minutes. I have to dose and run a reactor regardless so what is the point.

Labs are public aquariums use it...I use it in all my personal and business tanks.

I don't know why but it seems to almost open a can of worms to discuss salt brands...but for me, once it works so well and is so easy to get (IO), why is there reason to change?

Honestly, there MAY be something better out there, but I really doubt any other company has the research put into a brand, or has had a longer product longevity.

To me it comes down to consistency (both the product and availability/price).

I can't say anything about kent personally. I know a lot of people use it (seems to be a little cheaper), and heard it has very good solubility.

personally I wouldn't use either....no Kent' date=' IO, Corallife, Reef Crystals, or any of that #$%....but that is just me. I don't like swings and dosing....[/quote']

There is that can of worms lol...what magic salt do you use? You didn't mention. Swings and dosing are unavoidable if you have any corals and plan to turn your lights off.

I think they are all pretty good salts. All have pros and cons but most will sustain life. Personal preference.

We use Instant Ocean, So far over the last year it has worked fine, I have no problem keeping my calcium at good levels, P.H. stays fine, and most important the corals are doing very well, Softies, LPS, SPS...they all have grown and are looking great, so I personally see no need to change my salt to something else, I have been happy with the basic Instant Ocean, But as mentioned, Asking that is a loaded question, everyone is going to have a different reply, and I am sure there are much better options for salt out there, but I have had good expreince with the plain ol Intstant Ocean...:D

I've been using the instant ocean, and have decided to switch to kent because my mag, and cal will be at better levels, cutting back on how much I need to dose my tank. I've used the instant ocean for 7 months now, and it's been fine w/ the addition of iodine, and essential elements to the new salt water. Personally if I was already using kent w/ my tank well stocked I wouldn't switch