Got a pair of clowns

lucid

Yes, both are normal. Clowns tend to occupy a relatively small area and pretty much stay there. They also usually dominate the area they choose. As far as the seizure type action they do this when they are establishing which one is dominate. Usually the submissive smaller ones will shiver and turn sideways to let the larger one know that they accept them as the dominate one. Depending upon the maturity of them the larger one will then become female while the smaller one will be male (Until the larger one dies or is removed and then it will become female).

So they have moved to the opposite side of the tank and still continue to hug the glass and only fluctuate in depth about 1-2 inches, and thats it. Been that way for almost 20 hours now. WHy wont they swim around the rock, or freely in the tank? Is acclimation always this long?

Dang i was really hoping they would find their home to be the cave i created. Dont they hide in the rocks at night?

None of mine do. Most of the time (in my experience) they will find something to host (anemone, frogspawn, torch coral, zoanthids, power heads, etc.) and then stay close to it. One of mine hosts my Pagoda cup, two host a frogspawn, one hosts a rose bubble tip anemone, and one hosts a carpet anemone. For the most part they never get further than a foot or two from them. (effectively they have my 6 foot tank split into 3 areas) At night they snuggle up to them and stay there.

WAs looking at getting this anemone ... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+499+604&pcatid=604 .. would i be able to keep it alive with 4 24" PC lights? (2 actinic and 2 10k daylights). Its a 48" fixture

You just set up your tank didn't you? If so then wait 6 months or so to get an anemone. Your choice is a good one to start with and the price looks fair although you may want to watch for a rose BTA instead as they pop up here quite often. Your also going to need more light even for a BTA. If you don't have enough light they will expell their zooxanthellae algae.

not enough light, and not old enough tank (some say 6 months, others say no anemone for the first year!!!). It looks like you have a pair of false percs (could be true percs, but I did not look close enough). Neither true or false percs naturally host bubble tip anemones. They will accept BTAs as hosts, but it is mostly hit and miss. I have a pair of false percs that did not host anything for almost 18 months, then I finally got them to host in a frogspawn. Now they won't leave the coral alone, but only one colony, they won't go near any other colony of hammer/torch/frogspawn that I have in the tank.

You would do better to watch here for BTAs that go on sale from members. You know where it is coming from, very little shipping stress, and you can get a rose anemone for less than you would pay for the green one from Live Aquaria (let alone including shipping).

If you are interested in an anemone later, you should google Karensroseanemones.net and learn everything she has to say about anemones by heart. Most of it is really good, and none of it is completely bad.

dsoz

hmmm interesting' date=' can u have percs and clarkiis in the same tank?[/quote']

Like Mick said. It depends not only on tank size but also the particular clowns and species. Some may get along well while others are mortal enemies. I have a pair of black/white ocellaris that will attack any maroon clown that is put in the tank yet they do fine with the others I've tried.