LED lights-R U using them-check these out

reefnjunkie

OK So I need to add something to my tank and I've been talking to a fellow at this site and he has these LED's.

http://www.shop.reeffiltration.com/product.sc?productId=54&categoryId=5

Who is using LED's and are happy with what they have?

If you are happy can you give me some info, like who, what (brand), and where?

I would have to order 2 panels-:eek: which is a bit-(nutty)

He sent me pics of his tank and the SPS look awesome-Granted I dont know him from "Adam" so it could be anyones tank- I dont have any reason to doubt him, but I'm also more leary than the average person.

Check out those freakin par values-OMG

Anyway, I have been interested in LED's or inquisitive to say the least-this is the same guy I have been talking to about the SWC skimmer I am looking at.

Chime in please

I like led technlogy, you have seen my frags under LEDs.

I like em' but I'm waiting for the longevity test period to pass(another year or two)

That fixture looks nice but not as powerful as the AI fixture.

For the price I would try it out with the mindset that I'll probably upgrade later. ;)

Post the pics sucka!

Pics of what???

Whats "AI" stand for ?

I googled AI led and founf advanced illumination but not getting a lot of detail.

Most LEDs I see are 1 watt, the ones this guy is showing are 3 watters.

I dont know that I have seen your frags under LED?????? I have not seen anyones tank with LED except CA2OR

I agree on "test period"

I was checkin out the same fixture a few months ago. There is a thread somewhere here.

They are good, as light/par. Problem is that they are made cheap and they use the same technology they were originally made for: grow light.

I was following a thread about them in Australia and another one on NR. Same issue: they rust pretty badly and you have to throw away the fixture in a really short lifespan.

I would go for something made a little bit better and more specifically for saltwater, like Maxspect.

Hope this helps

Yes, but they are driven at 1,26, so you have just a bit more than 1w.

Here is the australian forum I was talking about

http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=209183&sid=55f7f5d5bce4fa721d388ab4d20611e9

I saw that afterwards-I'm sticking where I am for awhile-I want to let all the early adopters be my test subjects-(laugh)

Alex, you sure dig up some good reads-I guess I need to refine my searches-LOL

Thanks for the input-

On a side note, I was asking the guy about what looked like algae in his tank from the pictures and he said zero algae was present and then mentioned how he had not done a water change in 4.5 years, and his trates and Phos were undetectable.

In his pics the SPS look pretty good but the tank IMO is not the hottest looking-these are from him and the lighting is the LEDs;

DSCN2336.jpg

DSCN2337.jpg

DSCN2338.jpg

DSCN2339.jpg

DSCN2342.jpg

Anyway, I do think after its all said and done I getting the SWC skimmer-so no new lights, no denitrator but a new skimmer and most likely redesign the sump to add a fuge-

So now I get to read on a good fuge design/plan-sounds like a new thread to me, hey it could be worse-I could do polls (just kiddin Kim)

This same fixture was my target for a while when I was planning the 2 40b.

I did a lot of reading to be sure. There is nothing worst that spend money in bad equipment, I hate that. At the end I opted for halides, again. Like you, I let other people do the medium term testing for me :)

Last wc 4,5 years ago? Why do you have to say that to all the world? It is like to tell that you change your underwear once a month!