Young Girl needs some help for an aquaculture project

grassi

I wish there were more law enforcers out in the feild. I hate poachers; thier ignorant and don't realize that the rules are made so they can come back every year and still catch fish. I'm on your side.

Thankfully though, crayfish aren't exactly a main concern. I doubt if I worked around the rules a little bit for research, that the crawdad police would be knocking at my door. lol.

My thoughts exactely;

Don't ask...Don't tell.

Good luck even finding fish and game enforcing the laws or a State trooper for that matter-oops here I go again.

Ever been to Bonneville Dam and watch the poachers I mean the fisherman-(flame)

I'll follow the thread to see what all is left after those that have chimed in donate up,, I am sure to have a pump or two laying around if needed

Okay, so I added up my offers so far:

dave- 29 G tank, a pump or two, PVC

rgrcrain- couple koralia 750

reef junkie- a pump or two

Thanks so far to all of you, but im curious of the diffrent kinds of pumps you have. I see some are circulation pumps. Does anyone have any pumps that can be external? deatils are nice, I can look up the specifications for everything. I would hate to waste anyones time or generosity.

My next main concern:

more tanks

Erica,

I have two 40 gallon breeders that you can have. They are 36L x 18W x 16H. One is drilled in the back but the back is cracked around one of the holes but it holds water up to 10 inches deep. The other is brand new.

I have two 20 gallon talls that are 24L x 12W X 16H. Both are used but not drilled.

I also have an a tank that is I believe 24 x 24 x 12. Used not drilled.

Let me know if you want them. I live over by Dave (barelycuda)so if you are picking up from him I can meet you over there or we can work something out.

Shane

I think I also have a sump and a couple pumps you can have.

All I ask is that you start a new thread labeled as your project and you keep us posted and up to date on how the project is going.

And just so you know my wife is Cajun'. Crawdads is good eats!!!!!!:D

Shane

Note regarding my earlier post. I am not suggesting that anyone poach. I just reviewed the Oregon Fishing Regs again and it states that there are no permits or licenses required for crayfish. (It states this in several places) There are limits though. The limits are 100 per day with 2 daily limits in possession. (I.E. 200 as I mentioned above) In the Northwest sector all streams are open for catching crayfish even if they have other restrictions. The only other notable limitation is that they cannot be caught with hooks. Looking through it I was unable to find anything specifying special rules for research although I may have missed something. Once again I'm not suggesting that anyone do anything illegal.

Wow Mr.Vice president, that is such an offer!

I just jumped up and down a little bit.

Okay well, there seems to be allot of generous people in vancouver, I think I might try to run it in one trip, if I can fit it all into the car.

Again, I am so thankful for everyones help. I'm heading off to school now, I wont be on until later tonight.

I didn't take that as a suggestion to poach. I was just referring to what is more important when it comes to wildlife enforcement.

Note regarding my earlier post. I am not suggesting that anyone poach. I just reviewed the Oregon Fishing Regs again and it states that there are no permits or licenses required for crayfish. (It states this in several places) There are limits though. The limits are 100 per day with 2 daily limits in possession. (I.E. 200 as I mentioned above) In the Northwest sector all streams are open for catching crayfish even if they have other restrictions. The only other notable limitation is that they cannot be caught with hooks. Looking through it I was unable to find anything specifying special rules for research although I may have missed something. Once again I'm not suggesting that anyone do anything illegal.

I have some tanks, 10g I can donate. I assume you know this but as a kid I raised crayfish in tanks in my basement. You need to make sure the tanks are covered because they are notorious about climbing out. Crawdad jerky gets pretty ripe!!! pm me if there is anything I can do to help. I agree with Micheal. Post what you need. Good luck. I would go with the Billy Chinook crawdads since they are already commercially harvested and you would be starting with good brood stock. This is an awesome undertaking!!! Good luck

lol I know. I guess I really wanted to share more about me. Not too many young girls that grow up in the city end up wanting to be fish farmers (laugh)

Erica' date=' I don't think anyone doubted you after you actually came over here an talked to all of us. I've got a 20g Long tank if you're interested, I just don't know how I'd be able to get it to you. The back and both sides are painted black though, just an FYI.[/quote']

lol I know. I guess I really wanted to share more about me. Not too many young girls that grow up in the city end up wanting to be fish farmers (laugh)

But thank you for your offer, even though you are slightly out of my reach. If you ever come to portland, let me know.