Mag question

rgrcrain

My mag is around 1150, thats obviously low. The calculators i'm looking at say to get it where it should be in my 140 gallons of water i'm going to need 75 to 96oz of liquid mag.

Now I thought I read somewhere that you could go up 50 to 100 in mag daily without hurting the coral. So that would be around 16 to 32oz of liquid mag a day.

Is that true? It just seems like a lot to me.

The BRS calculator on their website said 76oz to go from 1150 to 1350/1400.

No, magnesium isnt cheap. But I just bought a doser and I would like to get the numbers where I want them BEFORE I start to use it. And I dont make my own water so buying 60/70gals for a giant water change would cost WAY more.

So is there a store in town with a gallon jug of MAG in stock today?

I know SWF has the BRS mixed up already but do they have a gallon?

My mag is around 1150, thats obviously low. The calculators i'm looking at say to get it where it should be in my 140 gallons of water i'm going to need 75 to 96oz of liquid mag.

Now I thought I read somewhere that you could go up 50 to 100 in mag daily without hurting the coral. So that would be around 16 to 32oz of liquid mag a day.

Is that true? It just seems like a lot to me.

You are correct regarding the 100 in a day.

I used to use a liquid Mag buffer, Kent actually and not to bash the product. lets just say I switched to the BRS Mag Chloride and all is good-

I got nervous when I calculated the amount of liquid I should have dosed and then 1 day later the mag was low again.

OK I'll say it.....the Kent Mag product is CRAP-:p---IME

• 3 weeks later...
I am wondering if you tried the "Kent Tech.M" product? Is that the liqiud that you used?

Beckie

Beckie, yes the Kent Tech M is what I used to use-I bought it as well as some other Kent products by the gallon to save the money-That stuff from my personal experience just did not do jack-It raised it a little and then the next day right back where I started.

As someone explained to me you need to have an SG of at least 1.024support high mag levels-I keep mine at 1.025

I then tried Brightwell Magnesion I think its called-it was better but nothing compares to the BRS Mag Chloride I use-My mag drops to like 1400 from 1450 in a month MAYBE.

I just did my monthly water change and it was 1410 so I dosed it to get it to 1475