melanarus wrasse and clam

lewisriverfisherman

I just got a clam today but am scared to take it out of the bag. My melanarus wrasse likes to eat small hermit crabs and picks on some of my emerald crabs, i totaly spaced this off as i was happy to be getting a clam. So im afraid that my wrasse will eat my clam. I was just wondering if anyone else has put together the melanaus wrasse and clam together? lookin for a little feed back please or your opinion.

brandon

if it was me, i'd just stick that clam right in and go for it. if one was really worried, i would build a little cage out of eggcrate and put it over the clam until the wrasse gets used to it. i personally don't think it would go after it unless it was a really large wrasse and a really small clam, but i'm not a pro on that wrasse.

if it was me' date=' i'd just stick that clam right in and go for it. if one was really worried, i would build a little cage out of eggcrate and put it over the clam until the wrasse gets used to it. i personally don't think it would go after it unless it was a really large wrasse and a really small clam, but i'm not a pro on that wrasse.[/quote']

oops i do have a large wrasse and a small clamDOH!. i might have to wait till the tank is dark to put it in. and then what hope tomorrow night i still have a clam when i get home. this is kinda frustrating. i do have a critter cage i could put it in i guess if the wrasse picks on the clam i forgot i have this.

that wrasse shouldnt bother the clam...my sixline doesnt eat clams either...

the melanarus is actually quite beneficial for the clam, asx they will eat predators that will want to eat your clam. that being said, individual wrasses can sometimes be aggressive towards clams, but usually melanarus are totally fine.