Free at last

Emerald525

Well last night Beth and I had had it with our RBTA. It was beautiful with deep rich colors and we loved watching the black and white clowns in it and it was fun to feed it but she just kept getting so big.

We didn't want the poor clowns to go homeless..(sad) It was also hard to part with such a beautiful and interesting creature, so we put up with her constant movement and having to get a power head and tell her no, you really don't want to head over to the side with all the expensive acros and chalices...(nono)

We tolerated her stinging our digitata(nono), taking out a lord acan(sad) and stinging the tenius and ricordia but you went too far nem when you got too close to my rufus colony and oregon tort!(wife) She would not listen to reason anymore so she had to go.(wife) I will miss you Miss RBTA(sad)

I feel so free now! I have an entire side of the tank to put more high end corals (clap)

Don't worry clowns we will get you a nice torch to host that doesn't move!(laugh)

What's that I hear? Do I hear the sudden squeals of glee from the local fish stores?(laugh)

Yes it was a difficult decision. We had grown quite attached to her. She started as a tiny little thing and she grew so big both clowns could get into her. Poor clowns they seem so lost without her. Anemones are so cool.

However, it also hurt to watch some of my favorite corals get stung. It was the right decision just hard to let go sometimes.

They are amazing creatures' date=' but they probably need a dedicated tank. Mine wasn't big, but a great runner and splitter. He is now in the solana[/quote']

I would have put her in the aggressive tank but the other nem did not fare so well. I don't think the lighting is strong enough for a nem in that tank. Fortunately she never did split The purple one we had did not do well.

Anemone's are awesome. I always think of them as female since they split and have babies. So is your solana going to be a dedicated anemone tank?

I wish I had know that. Id have given you a baby rbta when U were at my house. I have a very small one now about silver dollar size... oh well..

but yes they are know to roam in the tank... but my gbta never has moved in two years. even when I switch it in three tanks including the new bow front u saw the other day. still on thesame rock I bought it on. so maybe that could be a clown fish option. Or a hairy mushroom. clowns love those

I wish I had know that. Id have given you a baby rbta when U were at my house. I have a very small one now about silver dollar size... oh well..

but yes they are know to roam in the tank... but my gbta never has moved in two years. even when I switch it in three tanks including the new bow front u saw the other day. still on thesame rock I bought it on. so maybe that could be a clown fish option. Or a hairy mushroom. clowns love those

No worries. I'm relieved because I started with a little silver dollar one and it grew to a big one. I put a torch in there but they are ignoring it right now. Nice to meet you and see all your tanks. Very nice setup.

Mine did some moving on me after I moved my vortech from one end of the tank to the other, but after it found it's spot again, it's been puffed up like always, doesnt move off it's little rock, it's sweet LOL

And what's really funny is I've always been told how fickle nems are, yet with all of my problems I'm running into with my tank currently, it seems to love em LOL

i have a rose and a green bulb, the green bulb is moving back and forth on the same rock recently. from the top to the bottom of the rock. it is moving where it is attached but still spreds out in the same area. the RBTA was a little bigger than a nickle when i got her about two months ago bot now is about 2" across. has not moved but a 1/2" since i got it