Everyone ready for the Droid 2 :)

R-3

1GHz processor (up from 600MHz), twice the RAM (512MB up from 256MB), usable physical keyboard... not revolutionary, but still a nice improvement over the current Droid and you can carry it it your pocket. If you're looking for craziness check out the Droid X... nice phone, but you need a wagon to carry it around in ;)

And *if* someone manages to root it, the overclocking possibilities are very exciting. I'm overclocking my 600MHz Droid to 1GHz, and others have no problem taking it to 1.2GHz... if the ratio holds up, the Droid 2 could hit 2GHz (nutty)

And *if* someone manages to root it' date=' the overclocking possibilities are very exciting. I'm overclocking my 600MHz Droid to 1GHz, and others have no problem taking it to 1.2GHz... if the ratio holds up, the Droid 2 could hit 2GHz (nutty)[/quote']

Thats my current spec's as well, I love it! Also Froyo is AMAZING on the Droid. I really, really hope they root D2.

And *if* someone manages to root it' date=' the overclocking possibilities are very exciting. I'm overclocking my 600MHz Droid to 1GHz, and others have no problem taking it to 1.2GHz... if the ratio holds up, the Droid 2 could hit 2GHz (nutty)[/quote']

Overclock it and watch battery life go from 'barely useable' to 'I need a battery suitcase'.

I went to a comparison site and it was almost identical to they Droid with the exception of a blue case. If that is what the Droid2 is I am going to be VERY dissappointed.

Much more Eric you know that :)

The main reason for me was the keyboard. The keyboard on the OG Droid is horrible to say the least. Also with the upgraded OMAP 1GZ, Froyo, and Android 2.2.

But lets not forget the coolest part Adobe Flash 10.1 ! There are some videos online and they are amazing.

I think the battery arguments are hilarious. Hmmm let me think how long does everyones laptop last not plugged it while going all out???? Not very long. Lets remember these new phones are pretty much handheld laptops peeps.

I'm not that into phones as we have been stuck with nextel because of our business. We did get the early release of the motorola I-1 droid with two way (nextel). So far they are really good, I like the size and all the touch screen stuff works really well but we are stuck with the Sprint sucks coverage

Dude this droid 2 is really pissing me off.. how can this come out all ready.. i've had my Droid X ordered and it's not even here yet and I called them last night and they said it might be shipped by the 18th... but the new one comes out next week :(

The Droid 2 probably will be too probably after pre-order and launch :(

Thats why I just preordered!

Re: Everyone ready for the Droid 2 :)

I passed on the Nexus One and the Droid X due to no physical keyboard....but I think I am going to do some arm twisting to get the Droid 2.....

What's this mess about iphone using Google search? Don't they have some "applejack" search or something? Can't they get their own search engine?

And yes I know there is much more to the D2.....was just being sarcastic as that is what I was reading on this apple site when they were trying to figure out what to do with their iphones......seems ducktape isn't enough to keep em happy

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk