Hello all, new to the forum

eshraghi

Hello guys,

My name is Thomas and I am new to the forum but not to the hobby or the area. I currently have been in the hobby on and off for a few years.

I have never been able to settle down and setup everything as I would like until now as time and space have been an issue.

I currently have a solana 34 gallon that I just recently started up again after moving and its pretty much a rebuild. Now that the bug has bitten again, I'd like to setup another larger reef to house some nicer fish as I've always been limited by tank size in the past.

So a little more about me, I am a periodontist by trade. That's a dentist that does surgery (implants, bone grafts, gum surgery and the like).

I live around the beaverton area and am crazy about this hobby. Now finally with some funds and a little more time, I'd love to get some help from you local guys with established tanks. Any frags, livestock, that you would like to sell or donate, I'd be interested in.

Not soliciting any business here but If I can be of any help to some of you with dentistry also, PM me. I've had many people in the past be generous with their time and efforts and I'd like to give back to some of you as well if I can.

Glad to be around others who understand how amazing and consuming this hobby is.

Thanks,

Thomas

Welcome Newbie!

Welcome Thomas! I too have a newly acquired 34 gallon solana!(clap)

I have a few things I would be happy to donate to you! Come on by and I will let you take a look. I should have something you would like seeing as how I have 4 tanks now!(nutty)

Thanks so much Emerald, where are you located at? I'd love to come and see your tanks! 4 tanks is not crazy, by the time I'm done, I'm gonna build my own fish tank house adjacent to the main house with a lazy boy (swiveling one) in the center with tanks all around!

Until then, the wifes okay with me taking over the garage!

Thomas

Re: Hello all, new to the forum

I too live in Beaverton and I have a lot of zoanthids if you are interedsted in those...I don't know if I have much to donate but I have a lot for sale and might be interested in trade. Welcome to the club...I hope you enjoy your stay lots of cool people and activities...group buys, grow out competitions, give aways, meetings and some meetings have theme's....what more could you ask for? Should be fun.

Sent from my Droid

Thanks so much Emerald, where are you located at? I'd love to come and see your tanks! 4 tanks is not crazy, by the time I'm done, I'm gonna build my own fish tank house adjacent to the main house with a lazy boy (swiveling one) in the center with tanks all around!

Until then, the wifes okay with me taking over the garage!

Thomas

I'm located in Sellwood area! Pretty much you could call our basement a fish tank house. How about this Sunday?