Brain questions?

NoobtoSalt

So when I woke up this morning I found my huge Chalice colony on top of my brain. I was at work all day so I don't know if the brain opened up like it normally does but it looks pretty pissed right now. Should I be worrying so much about this or is it going to come out of it? The Chalice was on the bottom side of it so it didn't have the eyes attacking it but it still looks like it might have gotten a little burned. I will post pictures in the morning when my halides are back on.

So what got burned the brain or the chalice? The brain should do okay. I have had so many things happen to my poor green brain coral.. dropped it on it's head when I moved it to the other tank, big crab crawled all over it, anemone got close to it, angel fish has pecked at it and it lives on (rock2)

Well my brain is very fragile. But also in ways not. do you have an open brain or just a normal brain?

My open one is more touchy. Though I have to agree with him saying it will most likely be ok, as long as it didn't get crushed by your chalice. my crab and my fish clime and swim through it all the time, though I never move my brain cause it doesn't like to be touched and it stings my skin.. You may have a small die back, however I don't think so as long as it was just for a day...

noob your brain may take a little time to heal but it should be ok

I sure hope so. My lights are not on yet so it's still "sleeping" but later this afternoon I will get pictures with the halides on. I'm glad that all of you are saying the same thing. I love this piece in my tank and would hate to have the chalice kill it.

On a brighter note when someone gets one of those saws I think I'm going to frag up the chalice colony. I'd be willing to give up a good size frag of it if I can borrow one..(whistle)

Well my brain is very fragile. But also in ways not. do you have an open brain or just a normal brain?

My open one is more touchy. Though I have to agree with him saying it will most likely be ok, as long as it didn't get crushed by your chalice. my crab and my fish clime and swim through it all the time, though I never move my brain cause it doesn't like to be touched and it stings my skin.. You may have a small die back, however I don't think so as long as it was just for a day...

It's an open brain.

This is an older picture of it but you get the idea.

IMG_0699.jpg