Zoa Issue?

RLaForce

Ok, I have a lot of different zoa's in my tank. Right now I have a colony of about 30 Magicians that have refused to open for about 2 weeks now. Every once in awhile a couple will open for a day, but close back up when the light go off. Then nothing opens for a couple days. I know they are still alive, I just have no idea why they won't open. Everything else in the tank is great (other than the fact that I can keep everything except monties). All the other zoas in my tank are thriving and getting new polyps every couple days. Any ideas?(scratch)

No spots, and I put them next to another frag of zoa's that are doing great. I have no idea whats going on with them. I've dipped them and moved them to another tank to see if that they liked that better. Put them in different spots in the tank. What other diseases/symptoms should I be looking for? I was just about to frag them and sell some off, but now I would want anyone to get bad zoas.

That is the extent of my knowledge, hopefully someone else will chime in. I have one small group of orange zoas that were doing awesome, getting huge and growing like crazy. So what do I do - I move them up off the sand and onto a rock. And they haven't opened since. Even after I put them back in the original happy spot. DOH!

Look at night when the lights are out but when I had mine close up like you describe it always turned out to be a nudibrach or a group of them-that was ages ago before I new to dip zoas.

But granted every single time I saw my zoas closed up-it was a nudi, fortunately I have a 30 inch eye dropper and would suck them out of the colony-one after another-I remember times I would find like 20 and over time, I got them all out.

Good luck with whatever it is.

Feel free to throw a magician my way if you find they are nudi's-:D

I can even loan my dropper if the rock is glued down like mine was

LMK

Ooops, I just saw you are Eugene-hit Jon up for the droppers he made if you dont have one-I have a similar dropper from another blower

The reason I did not add this to the other post was I needed 1 more post to hit 1000-LMAO

SPAM

Still out of droppers, i have one held for you when I can get the next bach blown and asssembled....something about being laid off and having a Harley (whistle)

Still out of droppers' date=' i have one held for you when I can get the next bach blown and asssembled....something about being laid off and having a Harley (whistle)[/quote']

Imagine that! When I quit having seizures I'm taking the fat boy out on a ride, us unemployed people have to stick together!