RED carpet for sale!!!

madmike

I am looking to sell my Red Haddoni carpet anemone. I have had it since it was very small, about 3-4 inches, and has been in my care for over 1&1/2 years. It is now aprox 9-12". Has always had a tight mouth, great feeding response, and never deflates. It was stable in a dedicated system I broke down to combine with my new larger tank. The new tank has a shallow sandbed and the carpet keeps moving around and around stinging corals. I also switched from halides to T5s at that time. I'm looking to get $250 which is what I paid for it knowing it would be a gamble as many don't survive. It is pretty much bullet proof now that it is stable.

redcarpet1of1-1.jpg

Mike

It is tempting isn't it. Where were you last week? LOL. That would have looked great in my FOWLR but already have a tube anemone and purple anemone so I am anemoned out!

And you needed a few extra pounds of sand and space for that big boy.

They can grow up to 60cm in diameter

So the carpet anemone's need to be in a sand bottom tank? They don't like sandless tanks?

It depends on what kind of Carpet Anemone it is, Haddoni's prefer a nice thick layer of sand to bury thier foot in...at least that is what everyone says, and that has also been my experience.

Mine Has never left the sand...I have never heard of anyone putting one in a Bare Bottom Tank before...

Contrary to the popular belief that this species lives “on a reef”, Stichodactyla haddoni resides in the sand flats on the outskirts of reefs, where it consumes any and all animal matter that comes in contact with its tentacles. When threatened, Haddon’s anemone can pull itself completely beneath the sand, in an effort to escape predators. In the home aquarium, Stichodactyla haddoni will need a sand bed of at least four, and preferably six inches, as it is an unnatural and uncommon for this species to be content attached to a rocky substrate

WetWebMedia

Man that is such a cool Anemone...I so wish I had another tank set up, I so would get that beauty...

It is tempting isn't it. Where were you last week? LOL. That would have looked great in my FOWLR but already have a tube anemone and purple anemone so I am anemoned out!

Don,t underestimate it that thing it would swallow your beautiful baby angle whole (scary)

I still want it though LOL

Don,t underestimate it that thing it would swallow your beautiful baby angle whole (scary)

I still want it though LOL

I know. I had her in mind too. The 150 gallon aggressive tank is all about the fish.No big bad carpet anemone is going to sting my baby Queen angel.(nono)

Unlike the reef tank where you remove fish for the corals, corals and anemones will be removed for the fish. Already had to remove a clam and move some of the corals back into the reef tank.

It is a very cool anemone though.