Heading to Portland

Hi all, the family and I are heading down to Portland this Thursday through Sunday and were wondering what advice we could get as far as what to do for fun while we're there. We would like to know the must visit saltwater stores of course and if there's an aquarium somewhere etc. We visited the zoo and the OMSI last year and had a good time. So any advice would be appreciated and keep it clean (Kim, Beth, Pollqueen whatever lol) since it is a family event. (laugh)

Keeping it clean!

Definitely check out Tim at Westside. He has nice showtank. On the SE side Isaac , the coral mafia, is right by us and he has really nice corals too. You have to call him to set up an appointment but it is worth it and you have to come by our way anyway. He is also near Oaks Park which for kids I highly recommend particularly if it is a nice day. Nice view of the river and reasonable prices, rides for smaller kids, and not typically too crowded. You should also stop by Rosecity on the SE side of this town. Again just down the road from us.

If you go to the zoo again and you have smaller kids take the train. It will go outside the zoo and goes to this very nice park for kids.

I hear good things about upscales, I just never make it that way.

I also go to Seahorse for fish. I have had really good luck with the fish I have bought there.

Cool, now I just have to get Isaacs number to make an appointment and start looking up adresses for these others.

Beth, I think it's mainly Kim that likes to make the suggestive comments lol. But I haven't met either of you yet so who knows.

We did the train last time and it was fun. We've got the one year old this year so it will be interesting to see what he'll tolerate. He's used to the morning nap, then the afternoon nap etc. We may have cranky baby after noons. The park sounds cool. We may just have you give us a quick tour when we come to pick up the frags. If you had the time that is.

Get Issac's # by going to his -Sponsor forum- he listed it there.

Yeah there is a good park on the other side of the hill from the zoo. If you leave the zoo take the "back" exit....... it will take you thru the neighborhood and to the park.

I agree with checking out as many LFS as possible!

Finnegans.

it's a toystore downtown Portland. Worth a visit. Right off the MAX line...the train seriously drops you off 30 feet from the entrance to the store. A true kids paradise. The zoo park(washington park, right next to the japanese garden) is another good/free spot for families with kids.

You may want to save it until after you have made everyone sick of peering through aquarium walls at coral...after coral...after coral.

Cool, now I just have to get Isaacs number to make an appointment and start looking up adresses for these others.

Beth, I think it's mainly Kim that likes to make the suggestive comments lol. But I haven't met either of you yet so who knows.

We did the train last time and it was fun. We've got the one year old this year so it will be interesting to see what he'll tolerate. He's used to the morning nap, then the afternoon nap etc. We may have cranky baby after noons. The park sounds cool. We may just have you give us a quick tour when we come to pick up the frags. If you had the time that is.

Isaac's number is 503-866-1337. He is 5 minutes from us. If you want you could meet at our house first and we could take you guys over to Isaac's. Beth likes to use her Suburban as a shuttle. It makes her feel less guilty about driving such a gas hog.(laugh) I could make arrangements with Isaac.

Here's the link for Oaks park:

http://oakspark.com/

And yes, Beth is the nice quiet one. I am the loud obnoxious one that likes to annoy people with polls and on occasion likes to test her boundaries like a 2 year old!(laugh)

WooHoo. We made it with very little screaming lol. We're traveling with a our one year old and our four year old is why I say very little screaming. It was a nice trip. A little windy in the Dalles, but when isn't it? The zoas made the travel very well. They are actually open right now. Gotta love rubbermaid huh? We're off to Saltwater Fantaseas for the first visit of our trip this evening. I make shifted a 10 gallon tank for the 5th wheel. It might just have to become a permanent fixture lol.

WooHoo. We made it with very little screaming lol. We're traveling with a our one year old and our four year old is why I say very little screaming. It was a nice trip. A little windy in the Dalles' date=' but when isn't it? The zoas made the travel very well. They are actually open right now. Gotta love rubbermaid huh? We're off to Saltwater Fantaseas for the first visit of our trip this evening. I make shifted a 10 gallon tank for the 5th wheel. It might just have to become a permanent fixture lol.[/quote']

Very cool! You gott a take pics of your make shift 10 gal tank for the trailer... I might just have to do that, would get us out with the trailer more if I had a tank to look at!! LOL

Re: Heading to Portland

Was nice meeting Todd and family today...great kids, thanks for the frags...let me know how they come along....you have all the rest of my Blue Eye Girls....might have to get a frag from you in the future

Sent from my brain using telepathy