LEGOS THREAD!!!!

snowpunk

We were all kids at one point or another right? So here is your chance to relive it a little. Post up some cool lego stuff you have seen or built. Wish I had pictures of some of mine from back in the day. I was PRO (for my age:p).

I'll go first. With a great video clip I saw from youtube. This will blow your mind...

Jack-Streat-And.jpg

Just a few months ago I was thinking about buying some of the Lego Technic I was playing with in the mid '80.

This was my favorite: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=948-1

With some friends we built a cool drawbridge, with lights. It was motorized by the "power kit" (2 of them). It was amazing. I don't have pics of it, it was back in 1987.

Great thread!

Ya' date=' I have seen the new Legos and I'm so jellous! So much better than when I was a kid! I can't wait till the GF's boy is old enouph to enjoy them so I can play with them too![/quote']

I know right? That would be like top five on reasons to have a kid(laugh). Just to many on the other side on why I shouldn't yet...

Eric Post up that Vestas turbine, that thing is sick!

Uhhh...They didn't have Legos when I was a kid. All we had to play with was sticks and rocks...Oh and Lincoln Logs, hula hoops and Major Matt Mason (10 points if you remember him). But here's a couple cool things we saw at Disney World a couple years ago:

4697702841_fc804e66e4.jpg[/img]

4698337212_06cfb516dc.jpg

4697710221_6560401e87.jpg

4698339122_59a47e35f0.jpg

Coached legos robotic team for a couple of years. Programmable legos robots. That is one of the many reasons teaching is cool. You can still play!!!! We developed robot that would run an obstacle course for points. If interested go to First Lego League website.

Coached legos robotic team for a couple of years. Programmable legos robots. That is one of the many reasons teaching is cool. You can still play!!!! We developed robot that would run an obstacle course for points. If interested go to First Lego League website.

I was a teacher for a year and it was cool. I've found an old car engine and we played with that rusty thing for all the winter. That was my way to force them learning science and math lol

10,000 Nerd Points!

That gun is cool!!!

I had this cube set when i was a kid. There were just a bunch of small green cubes that would fit together. All the cubes had some sort of electronics in them so if you put it together right it would do things like make sounds, light up, or my favorite the lie detector. It didn't actually detect lies, you just had someone hold the 2 leads, ask them a question then turn it on and it would shock them. I shocked my buddies tongue while he slept that was a riot!!!