Crazy!

reef165

Here we go again

What is it about non profit that you do not understand. I paid my $20 and did so with no regrets, but PNWMAS has half as many sponsors as Reef Central and the sponsorship fees are to low sounds like more ways of generating cash for this non profit organization. More sponsors should be looked at as a good thing, not as a way of generating money. I think that the sponsors giving you a discount might go completely away if fees go up + donations for monthly meetings and the Christmas party. How about we get more sponsors than Reef Central and grow as a organization. JMO

You are correct that we have as many sponsors because the sponsorship is so cheap. I was not thinking of making a profit off of the extra money. I was thinking of using the extra money instead to be able to fund more fun things for the club such as the bus trip newfisher is trying to add and using the funds to help pay for the prizes for the growout maybe buying them at cost so we aren't always hitting up some of the sponsors for free donations.

I just think 50 dollars is pretty low. I don't know what the going rate was but my membership was 20 dollars and Beth's was 20 dollars so 10 dollars more and I could have my own page.

Not trying to piss off the sponsors because your sponsorship is greatly appreciated.

The low fee helps small dealers a lot. At RC I think sponsorship is around $1500.00 every 6 months (if I remember right).

Being a non-profit gives us a distinct advantage of autonomy.

I would hate to see:

"PNWMAS, brought to you by Wal Mart" (click here to get a coupon for a 3lb. bag of nacho chips for $.79)

Saying all this; I could see a small increase. Increasing the number may be a good idea.

We have great sponsors, but I could see trepidation rearing it's head if sponsors were granted more power. There a times when a few of us have had to bite our tongue.

I am almost in favor of doing away with sponsors and giving us freedom to be uncensored in our comments.

We could still take donations.

Just a thought.

The low fee helps small dealers a lot. At RC I think sponsorship is around $1500.00 every 6 months (if I remember right).

Being a non-profit gives us a distinct advantage of autonomy.

I would hate to see:

"PNWMAS, brought to you by Wal Mart" (click here to get a coupon for a 3lb. bag of nacho chips for $.79)

Saying all this; I could see a small increase. Increasing the number may be a good idea.

We have great sponsors, but I could see trepidation rearing it's head if sponsors were granted more power. There a times when a few of us have had to bite our tongue.

I am almost in favor of doing away with sponsors and giving us freedom to be uncensored in our comments.

We could still take donations.

Just a thought.

I agree 100%! Plus if ya really think about it what dose the sponsor get from this forum? The chance to see all the group buys, coral trading, and selling? All they have here is a place to let us know what they have in stock, which in my opinion hurts more than helps, if I know whats at a store and dint think I want any of it then I wont even stop by. I tend to go to stores that I'm curious as to what they have and if they may have something I want. Even if they don't once I'm there at least they have a chance to impress me and me make a impulse buy. I'm sure that the sponcers would still keep there membership as members so we wouldn't be loosing much $. The sponcers wont miss out on anything either because besides there revenue is only 10% at the most from the forum, we as hobbyists all know the stores around and that will never change.

I'm just looking at it from a sponcers point of view, I am in no way bashing the group buys or trading of or selling of corals and equipment at all, I think it's what a forum is about, getting info about the hobbie, sharing personal experiances, buying as a group, selling of extra or unwanted livestock and equipment.