DFS Red Branching Cyphastrea

Berger9953

https://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+5&ddid=89583

So has anyone had good experience with these corals? I want sps really bad, but I don't have enough lighting. The website says that this is a lps, but im convinced its a sps. What does pnwmas think? Thanks, berg

I guess I would need to re-read the differance between large polyp stoney and small polyp stoney-

I have it in my tank and its doing well but iy is VERY slow grower VERY VERY slow-LOL

Low to moderate like it says and good flow-here it is next to the meteor cyphastrea-there are quite a few locally that have it-I got mine from travis at upscales-not sure if he has more but its half that price-

I would still suggest MH bulbs-but others may disagree

P1110073.jpg

I treat it like an SPS, i have mine in lower light and they display the best colors then. They aren't as fast growers such as the Acropora or Montipora, but do pretty well.

I have two branching colonies in my tank, both are blue base with pink polyps

Thanks guys for the quick reply. The cyphastrea is the middle one right? The lighter one? And I would be putting it in a 20 gallon with 48w t5ho with ind. reflectors. And I have one nano koralia and one nano oceanic biocube ph. I have pretty good flow I think. Is there a cheaper place I could buy one? I usually wait on dd for the price to go down over time.

I'll have to wait a bit also because my tank has been extremely cloudy lately and its just starting to go away.

One other question: On dd, you see the coral covering the plug like a blanket, but yours doesn't seem to do that, it looks like its only branching...

I have one that looks like Roy's (stylaster). You can get it at one of our sponsors for a lot less $ and they are very nice indeed. I kept hinting when I was at Roy's house and hoped he would say "I'll break ya off a piece", but no such luck. LOL.