Tell me NO!!!

Gill

So I really really want this majestic angle at my LFS. Is it going to eat my corals? My giant encrusting sponge is going to keep it busy for a while but who is next? Here is a link to my tank thread for the likly canidates. http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19507 On some sites it says sometimes reef safe(scratch)??? I think I know the consences but hoping someone will talk me into it. He is around 5-6" fat and healthy. He came from a customers tank so is well aclimated to captivity(clap)

Will they let you contact the previous owner? If so I would see why they got rid of it. Kind of like buying a used car, you never know what your getting into till you get it. But sometimes you can at least find out why they got rid of it. If they won't let you call see if they will contact the person and see why? If they want to sell the fish and you want it that bad it can't hurt to ask...

Good luck

Will they let you contact the previous owner? If so I would see why they got rid of it. Kind of like buying a used car, you never know what your getting into till you get it. But sometimes you can at least find out why they got rid of it. If they won't let you call see if they will contact the person and see why? If they want to sell the fish and you want it that bad it can't hurt to ask...

Good luck

They broke the whole tank down. It was fish only

LOL... Ok if you want me to... "NO!"(wife)

I have no idea if its safe or not.... Always better to be safe than sorry!

Beth

I think your right. (sad) He said I could always bring it back but thats a lot of store credit. Not that he is trying to talk me into it, he tried to talk me down actually and I guess he kind of did, because I decided to go home and do some research. (plotting)

Go for it' date=' especially if they'll take it back, and that store credit could come in handy as well. A nice angel is hard to beat, and if he turns out to be reef safe, well, you've got one helluva center piece fish.[/quote']

:D(naughty)(clap)(plotting)

Sorry to burst your bubble but I would vote "No". You should put up a poll.(whistle)

From what i have read they can nip at LPS and sometimes softies (xenia). You are just starting out in your tank and my guess is you will slowly add more corals.

Sure it's a beautiful fish but as the saying goes:"There are a lot of fish in the sea"... so why risk it?

For me, I hate having to catch a fish that is not working out. It stresses me out because I worry about the corals or the other fish it might be picking on until I can get the sucker out. It also stresses the fish out to be bagged up taken home put in your tank, caught again bagged up taken back to the store to be bagged up again by someone else who wants to give it a try.

You are also way more limited in fish than corals and pretty soon you cannot add more fish so why get a fish that limits the corals you can get?(scratch)

Sorry to burst your bubble but I would vote "No". You should put up a poll.(whistle)

From what i have read they can nip at LPS and sometimes softies (xenia). You are just starting out in your tank and my guess is you will slowly add more corals.

Sure it's a beautiful fish but as the saying goes:"There are a lot of fish in the sea"... so why risk it?

For me, I hate having to catch a fish that is not working out. It stresses me out because I worry about the corals or the other fish it might be picking on until I can get the sucker out. It also stresses the fish out to be bagged up taken home put in your tank, caught again bagged up taken back to the store to be bagged up again by someone else who wants to give it a try.

You are also way more limited in fish than corals and pretty soon you cannot add more fish so why get a fish that limits the corals you can get?(scratch)

My bubble needed bursting thanx. It is amazing though how some people seem to be able to pull it off. Especialy the Emperator in a full reef wow. I found lots of pics of angels in reefs on reefcentral. Check out this thread http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042981&highlight=majestic+angle+fish

Everything I have read says it depends on the fish, it seems most of the time it is not. All the sites that sell them have them listed as NOT REEF safe. So it really depend on if you are willing to risk your coral and the headache of catching a fish if not.

Beautiful fish though, if I ever upgrade my FOWLR tank then I would get one for sure.

Everything I have read says it depends on the fish, it seems most of the time it is not. All the sites that sell them have them listed as NOT REEF safe. So it really depend on if you are willing to risk your coral and the headache of catching a fish if not.

Beautiful fish though, if I ever upgrade my FOWLR tank then I would get one for sure.

yeah I'm thinking about an angel fish for our FOWLR once the baby clown triggger is doing better.

Gill you thought about a Midas Blenny? That's the next thing I want for my reef tank? I hear they are jumpers though so I would have to get covers for may tank. Really cool fish!

Forget the fish and buy a liger.

liger.jpg

+1 for the Liger!(laugh) but you need to upgrade your tank first