Fragging

culp686

So the wife held her breath today and fragged the heck out of our zoos. First time trying this. Only lost 3 out of a colony we have 100 of. So I would say great results for a first time. Once they are happy again she wants to put some up for share the love. Anyway. She has some rics that she loves dearly and wants them fragged but is scared to death to cut. So if anyone is close to us and is willing to cut them up into 4 pieces for her she is willing to give a frag of each away for your brutal kindness. She will probably have a heart attack (scary) when you cut them but she will be even happier to have multiples of them.(clap) So for the price a free frag or two to a willing person let us know please. Thank you in advance to a willing cutter. :Dpicture.php?albumid=108&pictureid=864 The picture is of one of them she would liked fragged.

If we get someone to help us then after they heal I will let you know.

Easiest way to frag a mushroom without having to deal with it floating all over your tank is to leave it attached to the rock and cut it down the middle. It will grow into 2 mushrooms over a short period of time. I have found the major problem with fragging mushrooms rics or other is that they are hard to keep sitting still in one place long enough to attach to something.

Best of luck, let me know if you need any help.

i've used netting, wrap it around the ricordia on the frag rock and ruber band the back side, let it sit for about a week and then slowly unwrap it, or use a little plastic container like the ones you use for take out ketchup and poke holes in it, put the fragrock in the bottom and stick the ricordia on top, put the lid on top and set it in the tank for a few weeks. it should attach eventually.

If you want to come to Oregon City to watch me cut some BTAs, I will be doing it again in a couple of weeks. Once you cut up an anemone, fragging rics is nothing. LOL.

I would even let you or your wife take a turn with the knife on my anemones. :)

I agree, just take a knife and cut the ric in half through the mouth while it is still attached to the rock. Buy a utility box knife from DollarTree and wash the blade with detergent to get off oil before using. You may need to re-cut in a day or three because if the two halves are sitting next to each other they will sometimes reattach. Or sometimes you don't cut deep enough and part of the foot is still attached.

Your other option is to just let them grow, and eventually they will make a baby ric and you can get it off the rock and sell it.

dsoz

Her main problem is she is scared to even cut it because she doesnt want to kill them. They have become her new obsession in the tanks. She is going to look today to see if they have more than 1 mouth and then try cutting inbetween them so she will have a mouth for both.

Even if they have one mouth, cut it right down the center of the mouth so there is half a mouth on each piece. Then the ric will pull the cut ends together to form a smaller circle with the cut ends touching. That is where the healing occurs. Since there is part of the mouth cavity for each half, the healing will go faster.

dsoz