Live rock with Yuma Mushrooms...

I have a large piece of live rock with lots of Yumas on it. Rock is about 14" lont 8" or more wide and 3-4" thick. Approx 20 Yuma's starting at about 1.5" across and up to 3"+. Mushrooms are pink with a green undertone to them. $175 obo takes the entire rock. The shrooms sell for $60+ in stores and we all know how much LR is.

I also have a slightly smaller piece of LR with cabbage corals on it. It's about 12" long by 4-6" wide and 2-3 inches thick. There are 15+ Cabbage corals on it. The cabbage corals are pink as well. $150 obo.

Sorry for the poor picture quality...I'm a blind man with a crappy point and shoot...what can I say?

Thanks for looking.

post-6149-141867781873_thumb.jpg

post-6149-141867781876_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not responding to any of your posts...I forgot this was even up. I was told they were Yuma's...however I'm probably misinformed and you are probably right that they are giant hairy shrooms...however, there is no blue on them. They are Pink and green...I have a crap camera. It messes with the color. I'll frag one off and take it in to West Side and ask Tim what the heck it is.

I'll post back up here in a day or two...I have a couple tanks to move before I can post again.

Thanks for the info guys.

Matt

Aquarian Saltwater LLC

Sorry for not responding to any of your posts...I forgot this was even up. I was told they were Yuma's...however I'm probably misinformed and you are probably right that they are giant hairy shrooms...however, there is no blue on them. They are Pink and green...I have a crap camera. It messes with the color. I'll frag one off and take it in to West Side and ask Tim what the heck it is.

I'll post back up here in a day or two...I have a couple tanks to move before I can post again.

Thanks for the info guys.

Matt

Aquarian Saltwater LLC

There's no doubt about it those are hairy mushrooms as stated previously by Perry and others. We've been aquaculturing these for a while along with ricordias and other various mushrooms, so I've come to know these well. I hope someone didn't sell them too you as Yumas.

Because of what appears to be forked tentacles they are probably Rhodactis Sanctithomae. However, they could also be one of the similar below or something I'm forgetting:

Rhodactis Rhodostoma

Rhodactis Indosinensis

I think Tim will know what they are. He's been in our store a few times.

They look like they have a nice vibrant green hue to them! :)

Best regards, Ricky Soutas Jr.