PNWMAS 101 Reputation Points!

Emerald525

Yesterday there were 3 threads started by Algae about reputation points on the misconception that the pink boxes were bad and negative reputation.(laugh)

Here is what we have learned so far about this very important topic(nutty):

Colorscheme.jpg

Once you have several greens you move up to pink. Pinks are good. Pinks mean people like you (or you shamelessly begged, cried or offered bribes for positive reputation points ;))

Here is also what I have learned:

1.Algae is a crazy colorblind anarchist(nutty) who likes to on occasion wear women's undergarments (not that there's anything wrong with that!;))

2. You have to give about 5 or 6 reputation points to other people before you can give another one to the same person.

3.You give these points by clicking on the medal below the person's avatar.

4. Although he is an anarchist, Algae is a trusting (or lonely) soul judging by the placement of his phone number below his name!(laugh).

5.Reputation points should stay if only for the entertainment value they provide!

6. Some of us (meaning me) need to get out more!:D

• Like 2

You should have checked out this...

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_reputation

It talks about green, red and grey boxes (makes no mention of purple/pink boxes). I know that I received a grey box before from someone in a thread like this one a year ago... (EDIT- I found it. Someone gave me a grey box for posting in this thread http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12795&highlight=rep+points the "reason" is that "because you would understand" or something like that. It has dropped off the bottom of the list so I can't see it anymore.)

There is a section at the bottom about "turning off rep point icon" I looked on my userCP and did not find the box that needed to be "un-checked"

Maybe that could be the way to settle this debate. Let people choose whether they want rep points or not.

I believe they are an amusing diversion, not a lot more. Kinda like forturne cookies. How many people actually believe the fortune that comes in them? How many people actually use the "lucky numbers" on the back? Maybe I should not ask those types of questions because I may offend someone.

dsoz

• Like 1

There is a section at the bottom about "turning off rep point icon" I looked on my userCP and did not find the box that needed to be "un-checked"

dsoz

In User CP under "Edit Options", there should be a checkbox to turn off Rep Points.

Jay

I can't see it anymore.)

Maybe that could be the way to settle this debate. Let people choose whether they want rep points or not.

+1, great idea.

In User CP under "Edit Options"' date=' there [b']should be [/b]a checkbox to turn off Rep Points.

Jay

Should be is right. There is not one as far as I can see. I may just have missed it, but I looked for 5 minutes and re-read the page three times. I am usually pretty good at following directions.

dsoz