I've got eggs!!!

Arsonmfg

So after much anticipation they've finally started to do it! This is the pair I picked up from Jordan a while back.

Friday morning I got a phone call that they were acting weird and moving sand out of one of the pots in their tank, later that afternoon I got the call that momma was in fact laying eggs.

I don't think I'll have enough time to get things setup for babies and I have no live food and not enough time to make any up.

Dave, if you happen to see this pm me your phone number if your interested in selling some live food... that is if you have any made up. I'd also be interested in picking your brain a little if you've got the time.

post-1568-141867781747_thumb.jpg

post-1568-141867781749_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks! I'm really excited, The female has always had the "onyx" coloration but the little male didn't really have the onyx pattern, but in the last six months he's now almost all black between his bars just like the female. So I'm really excited to see the offspring these two produce.

Clay pots seem to work well for a lot of people as well as using tiles. These two have been in their own 20L since we got them, I knew they were spawning for Jordan when he had them so it's been a long time waiting to see when they would eventually get back to business. My intention when we got these two was to breed them, now I can start marking dates on the calendar and figuring out their cycle and be prepared for the next batches.

The hardest part is that they are being kept at the school and not at my house so it's going to make things a little more difficult. Now that they're spawning again I'm too scared to move them to my house in fear that they might stop.

Chris,

Grats on the spawn.. It looks like a nice size clutch of eggs. The only down side is that True Percs/Onyx are one of the toughest to raise in regards to proper markings and not mis-barring. I'll PM you my number. I have a couple of rotifer cultures going so you are welcome to a start. I have rotifer food also if you want to buy some. I buy it by the litre. I am out of town til thursday evening but either friday, saturday, or some time next week you can come by. Can't make plans on Sunday since it's Mothers Day :)

Dave