baby clowns

talkalot82

Well my babys are now rounder like a clown and are black with two stripes.. yaa.. today is day ten for them......

I have a handfull of babys... The only thing is my baby brine didn't hatch on time like I thought they would. This is bad because clown fish fry can't eat bbs more than a day old, or they will surely die. I have been giving them dry food, until I can go get some from this guy I know tommorrow... I just can't believe either of my baby brine hatched yet.

Day 13. still no bbs today, however I have been doubling up on rotifers and have been feeding a mixture of pulverized flakes. one of spirila, and the other formula one. they seem to be going after the flakes well now. I see a couple bbs hatching so I think I might be ok. The baby clowns have a black body and a pink face and tummy and two white stripes. I have named one shadow. he likes to follow me around in the tank. it just seems I am having no luck decycsting my bbs eggs. I have followed the instructions in the joyce clownfishes book word for word... Though how do I know the tomatos are big enough for the filter. the book was very vage about this. see they have been change for a day or two so I think they are at post metemorphice. They are a 1/4 inch in size now.. any help on that. I have a hydo 1 filter for that tank. Should I season the foam of the filter in a tank for a while before I put it in the tank. given that I am using the tank as their grow out tank...

the book suggests getting snails for the tank to clean it and maybe a crab. what kind of snails and whats your opinions on crabs? I dont want the crabs going after dear and beloved shadow....

• Like 1

Thats awesome.

My ocellaris have laid there second batch of eggs in my display. These have actually lasted about 10 days now. I noticed today the eggs have changed a bit and look like they have little eyes. I know the chance of them actually making it in a display are nill, but its still pretty cool.