My 46 Gallon Build

mwheeler

I am working on a 46 gallon bowfront tank. I have the tank most of the live rock (its in my 29 gallon and sump. pluse some dry rock outside that someone gave me after his brother took apart his tank.) and my 29 gallon will be my sump. And a 192 watt power compact 36" fixture with 3 dual blue moon led lights.

The things that I have yet to buy are: A Stand and mabye a canopy. More sand. I need a better skimmer. (currently running a Aquarium Systems that was given to me for free). I need to drill my 46 gallon and get the plumbing for that.

Will post some pictures when I get the stand.

Here's an idea of how to aquascape... Newfisher, Bswe22, and 7max-gte came and did this for me. All the members on this forum are of great help!!

DSC_0066.jpg

but I JUST got done moving a few things around because the rocks kept shifting (thanks to my engineer/convict goby :)) It's still cloudy from moving rocks and sand and such. And of course, things aren't opened back up yet. (No, I did not try and make the photography better, this time LOL)

DSC_0046-1.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Well I got a good deal on a stand for my tank so I wont be building one like I thought. And after 3 hours of running around in a panic because nothing worked like I wanted it to me and my fiancée got everything up and running. And because I was so stressed out I forgot to take pics DOH! . But the good news is everything is up and running and my fiancée is a master at stacking rock. She made my tank look very nice (clap).

th_DSCF2147.jpg

It is still a little cloudy we just got everything up and running like 30 min ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new pics of the tank. Moved some stuff around and got some new stuff (thanks movinfast and stylaster). I am going to be getting rid of my toadstool and finger leather and going with LPS and Zoanthids (And mushrooms that I already have in the tank.)

DSCF4015.jpg

DSCF4014.jpg

DSCF4013.jpg

DSCF4006.jpg

DSCF4005.jpg

DSCF4004.jpg

and a full tank shot

DSCF4010.jpg

Got some more new stuff in the tank in the last couple days. Traded the Toad stool and finger leather for a Purple Gorgonia. Got a three headed frag of candycane coral from The Nano Reef. And just picked up a small frag of bubble coral and a frag of Yellow Sun Coral. Pics will come when everything is open and happy.

Thanks moovinfast. the pallys are doing good. Starting to spread and attach to the rock i have them on(growing off the tile).

Hey looks great! I love that cave on the right, that flat piece of rock is NICE!! Perfect for a cave.

Any troubles with the flame angel nipping corals?

Thanks, the flame angel hasn't touched any of the coral. Just swims around and eats the q-tip sponges that are growing like weeds in my tank and the algae off the rocks.

Got some new stuff for the tank (thanks Nate213)

This one is doing good all the polyps are out.

DSCF6001.jpg

I think this one might pull through the polyps that it has are out.

DSCF6002.jpg

Not much color on this one but it should do good all the polyps are open and happy.

DSCF6003.jpg

All the shrooms are doing good just in a hard place to take a picture atm. (sitting in a bowl of gravel in the back of the tank.)