I need suggestions for a nano skimmer

Nate

I think this is one of the better ones in my opinion but it may stick up too high. I know you can lower the o-ring to make the cup lower but it may still be a little tall. I don't have one for sale but they seem to be around here for sale often.

It's an aqua C skimmer and I have actually used it on up to a 75g with little bio load in it.

SkimmerBox1.jpg

I think this is one of the better ones in my opinion but it may stick up too high. I know you can lower the o-ring to make the cup lower but it may still be a little tall. I don't have one for sale but they seem to be around here for sale often.

It's an aqua C skimmer and I have actually used it on up to a 75g with little bio load in it.

SkimmerBox1.jpg

I have that same skimmer currently on a 20 gallon it does a fine job.

For what it is worth-the Remora AquaC HOB that Snowpunk posted sits 7 inches above the top of the tank, and when you lower the O-ring it will produce wet foam

According to their website the aquac remora needs 5.5 inches of clearance(the PRO needs 6.5) . I measured it and found I have about close to 7 so it will work fine. I've checked other forums and everyone has only good things to say about it as long as you get the maxi 1200 pump so I guess now I just need to find a good deal on one. Thanks to everyone for the advice.:D

I picked one up off of craigslist tonight for $95 with the maxi jet 1200 pump. I got it home and installed it and guess what, the 5.5 inches does NOT include the clearance needed to install or remove the collector cup. So I ended up moving the tank which I wanted to do anyway but the wife was against it. So now everything is more accessible and I had a reason to rearange my rock and remove my mandarin before it starves.

I got mine off ebay for $50. It was producing so many micro bubbles I called Aqua C and talked to them about it. After several ideas and attempts to fix it, Aqua C finally just sent me a brand new one at no charge. It works great and Aqua C is a good company to work with.

Bryan

It works great and Aqua C is a good company to work with.Bryan

I agree, I have e mailed them a couple times asking about help and or parts for my Remora C Pro & they have always responded fast & have never charged me for them. Granted it's only been O rings & a cleaning brush but still........