Membership

grassi

Recently I have seen lots of new people in our forum. That's great!!!!

I would like to underline the possibility to became a paying member, because not only will give you lots of advantages, but also will help to keep our club and online community alive.

The single membership is only $20 and the family $30.

I paid it back after 2 minutes of joining: I went to a local store and I bought a RO/DI and some corals. Most of the local shops do apply a discount for members (I got 10%).

I found that with the discount and the fact that you don't have to pay for shipping, you can have some equipment at the same price of the big online stores.

This is just one of the advantages. There are many: possibility to join the members only forum and classifieds sections, grow-out groups the new bigger avatar feature and so on...

You can join here: http://www.pnwmas.org/cmps_index.php?pageid=join

Thanks and happy reefing!

Alex

Re: Membership

I personally think the grow out's, GOC discounts, store discounts, and members only events (Grow Out's, GOC's, Giveaway's) make it more that worth it. I can't even remember all of the perc's...but I do have a new one brewing...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

So what are the benefits of membership currently? And from what stores do I get the discounts mentioned earier?

This is an old post but current benefits include:

increased private message capacity

access to the members only forum 

the ability to edit your posts for an unlimited time (this is extremely helpful if you post up classifieds)

ability to participate in any grow out competitions or group buys that are frequently offered (these are pretty fun. You have probably notices the posts for a Sakura zoa growout)

Extra free raffle tickets at the meeting

discounts on club events like at the Portland Aquarium

As far as discounts at stores, this has not been happening for a while as we do not have membership cards available right now but working on this

That's all the ones off the top of my head! :)