If this doesn't make your blood boil...

Arsonmfg

Personally I'd like to take turns beating the crap out of the crew of the Sea Shepherd... All they have done is a take a just cause and made it harder for the people that are legitimately trying to stop illegal whaling amongst other things. Unless anarchy takes over the sea in masses violence will never prove your cause to be just.

Generally using violence to prove a point is completely futile.

They spew tons of false propaganda based solely on their opinions and not based on facts. Not that long ago these were the same people claiming yellow tangs in Hawaii were near extinction and that marine aquarists were nothing more than the pedophiles of the ocean...

Personally I'd like to take turns beating the crap out of the crew of the Sea Shepherd... All they have done is a take a just cause and made it harder for the people that are legitimately trying to stop illegal whaling amongst other things. Unless anarchy takes over the sea in masses violence will never prove your cause to be just.

Generally using violence to prove a point is completely futile.

They spew tons of false propaganda based solely on their opinions and not based on facts. Not that long ago these were the same people claiming yellow tangs in Hawaii were near extinction and that marine aquarists were nothing more than the pedophiles of the ocean...

Now that's just funny right there, I don't care who you are.

But, you gotta admit, it would be funny to see them doing what they do to more than just the Japanese whalers, that show is funny, they just don't have enough balls, if they really wanted to use violence as their main tool, don't do it half-a##ed. Either go big, or go home.

Pedophiles?(scratch) I don't think any of us has that kind of relationship with our fish. Well... Grassi did say his tomato clown gave him hickies;) (another thread)..

Whale wars is an entertaining show but agreed not the best way to end whaling. The captain (forget his name) was kicked out of Greenpeace for being too radical now that's saying a lot.

Very disturbing to see oil dumped in the barrier reef. Some day I would like to go see it. The barrier reef not the oil.

He was MILES off course' date=' stupid basterd.[/quote']

Was he really MILES off course, or was this plotted and planned and he did it on purpose?!?!? You can't tell me no one on that ship could tell they were miles off course and not see any thing on thier GPS thingy!

I'm not sure if I should be posting this, since it is quite violent. But, if the Sea Shepherds were serious about using violence to stop the whaling, they are going about it in a completely half-a##ed manner. What I would do is get 3-4 ships similar to the one they currently have, mount multiple Bofors 40mm cannon, 1-2 5" guns, and half a dozen computer controlled 20-30mm gatlings on it, and blow every Japanese whaler they come across out of the water, send em to the bottom, after the first 2-3, the whalers will go running home with their tails between their legs never to come out after whales again.

But thats just me, and if you read the sig, you'll understand.

Just can't believe that there was no one aboard!!!

If they only put a person and an alarm on those ships. So when they got off course at least someone would be there to take measures to limit the possible damage!!!

There were people on board, just no *pilot* (an expert in marine navigation). Australian law doesn't require ships to have a pilot either, though many shipping companies do put a pilot on their ships there since navigating the reefs can be challenging.

How these idiots got so far into a marine preserve, pilot or no pilot, is a good question. I'll bet you alcohol was involved (remember the Exxon Valdez?).

Turns out they were intentionally breaking the rules -- taking a shortcut across the reef, outside normal shipping lanes to save time and fuel. Australia seems quite pissed, thankfully they're pretty fond of their reef.